Live from Explorer of the Seas 12/13/19-12/22/19

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

we are ready to leave....explorer is in port waiting for us......time to shut down everything in the house, lock it up, and have a relaxing cup of coffee while we wait for car service.....see ya in the port..also follow me live on periscope, if possible...@socialwork911

Wait! You forgot to pick me up! I'm all ready to go....😉😁 I don't want to wait until February 7th.

• Haha 3

Dropped of at Miami 10:15 terminal G.  This a small old terminal.... we walked right in, got sea passes , no line for suite guests  the waiting area is cramped and small  at about 11:00 we boarded the ship went to concierge lounge, it’s empty .  There were some small sandwiches and fruit and cookies, not worthy of suites.  The lounge is an “inside “ room can’t tell if it’s day or night.  It is on deck 9, same as our cabin.    Had two cappuccinos and went up to see the diamond lounge. This is on deck 14.  This lounge is bright with a dedicated out door area.  Sadly the refreshment offering was the same poor selection.  Having the unlimited dining package, we went for lunch at chops. One server, 6 tables... just unmanageable, we waited 30minutes from the time we order still we got our food.  I ordered the hamburger, it was perfect, DW had steak salad, excellent, DS order salmon, but when he saw my hamburger, he ate half of my burger instead.  Rooms opened and went to see our cabin, we carried on our bags so that was easy.... the room is nice, very spacious for the three of us, great for 4.  They say it holds 8 but that would too many. At 4:30 met up with concierge and booked our lunches and diners for the rest of the cruise.   Diner at 6:30 in Giovannis,  I had filet minion, one of the steaks , Luke butter, DW had linguine and clams, she said it was good, looked just ok to me, DA has mushroom risotto, it was just ok. The roasted squid, was great as was the ahi tuna appetizer.  Dessert, chocolate cake , but who had room. Watching basketball as I write this Miami vs LA-right game. In about an hour going for the slot pull as organized by our roll call.... meet and mingle is 9am tomorrow morning, seems early for me.  We will try so do a galley tour, as we never did that before. The ship does need a dry dock, as some windows are “smoked” and cabin furniture is tired. Also the second bedroom in this cabin does not have a tv, do is sad.... I’m sure in dry dock it will be added. To be continued 

• Like 2

Good morning  the slot pull last night was well attended and fun... lost $20. But well worth the hour of fun it provided.  Walked  into the wind jammer this morning , way to crowded for me at 8am. Saw at least two blown windows.  I know at dry dock in match all should be fixed, but really no reason to not fix them, since it seems like they been this way for over a year already   The bed was firm, but I like a firm bed.  I’ll post some room pictures later coffee in concierge lounge is good small cold food offerings  same in diamond lounge, but I had to empty the coffee grounds for the machine to work. Good thing I learned how to do this a few years ago  meet and mingle in an hour

Sailing on Explorer (same itinerary) February 7th.  Thanks for doing this and posting!  This will be my 5th RC cruise.  All on Freedom or Voyager Class.  Love this size ship.  🙂  Best wishes to you and your family for wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrh2016 said:

Sailing on Explorer (same itinerary) February 7th.  Thanks for doing this and posting!  This will be my 5th RC cruise.  All on Freedom or Voyager Class.  Love this size ship.  🙂  Best wishes to you and your family for wonderful cruise!

Bob and I are also on Feb 7th sailing with you!

Eileen

• Like 1

We are on this sailing also. Having a great time but the ship does seem tired to us. I don’t know what is going on with the windows, I’ve never seen any like that in 30 cruises... yet there’s like several in the Windjammer and Viking Crown. Weird. 

47 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

We are on this sailing also. Having a great time but the ship does seem tired to us. I don’t know what is going on with the windows, I’ve never seen any like that in 30 cruises... yet there’s like several in the Windjammer and Viking Crown. Weird. 

I was on a few weeks ago in Nov. Agreed. However, nothing will be changing until March when it goes to refurb. I'm back on next month. With a hope and a prayer, Mike Whitte will be gone. I was NOT a fan and his time-management scheduling of activities was poor.

Previous poster mentioned the crummy CL. Yep...also gone in March. Staterooms. They're switching it upstairs to the DL 😥 and booting the D/D+s to the dungeon of the cigar lounge.

• Like 1

Yes the dry doc will place the CL, or SL in a great location, but without a CK on the ship, it falls short of great.  Lunch at chops, the slowest service ever, we are not going back there.  Walked into the windjammer to check out offering, it was a madhouse, even for a cup of coffee... never going there.... went to CL for coffee, safe and quite.... going to the gym, will report back on it.... Izumi tonight.  Entertainment seems lack luster... the production show... invitation to dance,a fusion of Latin and ballroom dance... really, dancing is not a production show.... more of nothing to do... glad I brought a book to read