Refundable deposit charge

sj25

I noticed our cruise went down $182 and didn't know if they will keep my refundable charge the same when I booked it....was only $94

now if you do  a dummy reservation it is $166 for that part.

Prevailing rate is the only thing that matters if you are looking at repricing.  If a refundable rate for your booking was $1,000 when you booked and now a refundable rate is $900 that's all that matters. 

What has or might occur for NRD rates and the difference between NRD and refundable then or now is irrelevant.  

sorry....wasn't thinking about it is in the rate I thought it as a additional charge not room rate...makes sense was the first time I am ever going to do it with the refundable charge that you do at the end.

I just like the old days that all was refundable and could transfer with out charges.  

Now I don't tend to book ahead of time like I use to only if it is for a special occasion and certain ship and room I want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sj25 said:

so then it most likely would be the new charge of $166 at that time cost for refundable charge.

You have to look at the total charge for that cruise .Not just what the difference in the refundable portion is now vs what it was when you booked

If you don't need it to be refundable any longer, you can remove that charge.

I just repriced one of our bookings today because we are now so close to final payment (less than a month away) I went ahead and removed the extra fee for the refundable deposit.  So now we have a non-refundable booking, but saved $200 overall in the process.  Overall I've repriced this cruise to a level that's $800 lower than when we originally booked.

Editing to clarify:  You can remove the fee for a refundable booking, but you need to make sure that the base fare still works out to make it worthwhile.  For example, if you booked a refundable fare at $3000 (say $2800 for the base cabin fare and $200 for refundable fee), and today it's $2800 for the base cabin fare, then it's a wash to remove the refundable fee and not worth it.

Hope it works out for you OP.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

35 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

If you don't need it to be refundable any longer, you can remove that charge.

I just repriced one of our bookings today because we are now so close to final payment (less than a month away) I went ahead and removed the extra fee for the refundable deposit.  So now we have a non-refundable booking, but saved $200 overall in the process.  Overall I've repriced this cruise to a level that's $800 lower than when we originally booked.

Editing to clarify:  You can remove the fee for a refundable booking, but you need to make sure that the base fare still works out to make it worthwhile.  For example, if you booked a refundable fare at $3000 (say $2800 for the base cabin fare and $200 for refundable fee), and today it's $2800 for the base cabin fare, then it's a wash to remove the refundable fee and not worth it.

Hope it works out for you OP.

Dan

I think your clarification, needs some clarification.  🙂

I think you meant "if you booked a refundable fare at $3000 (say $2800 for the base cabin fare and $200 for refundable fee), and today it's $3000 for the base cabin fare, then it's a wash to remove the refundable fee and not worth it."

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I think your clarification, needs some clarification.  🙂

I think you meant "if you booked a refundable fare at $3000 (say $2800 for the base cabin fare and $200 for refundable fee), and today it's $3000 for the base cabin fare, then it's a wash to remove the refundable fee and not worth it."

You’re absolutely right.  Thanks for clarifying!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...