Waitlist

PSU

All you Regent experts, how could every category be waitlisted for a cruise in February 2021? It is the Bali to Hong Kong on the Explorer. Does that mean it is chartered?

How often do people clear the waitlist. Thanks for any information.

We had a situation like that for our March 2020 cruise.  Very early on ALL suites were waitlisted (we had already booked and so had a few others we knew)

So we waited.  FINALLY we discovered that ships were being switched around and instead of being on Explorer we were to be on Splendor.  Plus a minor (IMO) change in itinerary and NO increase in fare.

Naturally we and our friends accepted the change.  You might be in line for something similar ?

We waitlisted in June of this year for a cruise in November 2020 and were cleared in August so we cleared in about 8 weeks. We waitlisted in 3 cabin categories (you can waitlist in up to 5) and paid $100 each for priority status as we were told that could help us clear sooner.

2 hours ago, PSU said:

All you Regent experts, how could every category be waitlisted for a cruise in February 2021? It is the Bali to Hong Kong on the Explorer. Does that mean it is chartered?

Not a traditionally popular cruise; so highly doubtful that it is really "full". My guess Regent is changing the itinerary. Happened to us when Regent pulled out of ending a cruise in Shanghai. My GUESS is that Regent is changing from Hong Kong. Should know soon.

I think we were very lucky and have a travel agent to die for! I have no idea if that helps or not, but we deposited a totally wait listed cruise for Nov. 2020 on Nov. 13th and were confirmed on Dec. 3rd. We put down a 1000$ refundable deposit and said we'd take any of Explorer's lower 5 catagories. We wound up with an F2 in a perfect spot. We couldn't be happier!

PSU, your cruise has been split into two segments.  Until they finish all that processing your cruise is listed as waitlist. As I postulated on another thread I think one of the segments may have a large partial ship charter; only real reason to split into two segments.

Marc

We had booked a cruise for 2021, after a few months holding that cruise everything when waitlists.  About a week later got the letter they had maid a few changes, adding a new route, dropping ports, adding ports and changing the disembarking port..  After that they increased the fare, added 2 days to the cruise.  It stayed waitlisted for 2 or 3 more weeks.  We'd had a choice to stay or cancel with a few benefits either way--then the waitress dropped and all suite became available.  

7 hours ago, PSU said:

This is a segment of a "Grand Voyage;" a very popular cruise because it is the Explorers first time to Asia and ends in Vancouver. I think was sold out a few weeks after it was offered. We book and the 2 following (B2B2B)this  about 2-3 days after it was announce and by then had limited choices in cabin selection. What did your agent tell you? They should be able to call and get some idea of how long the wait-list is. Hope you get  to join us.

J

On 12/9/2019 at 6:47 PM, PSU said:

All you Regent experts, how could every category be waitlisted for a cruise in February 2021? It is the Bali to Hong Kong on the Explorer.

I see that there is now availability showing in many suite categories for the Explorer cruise, Bali-Bangkok-Hong Kong, departing Feb 22, 2021.

The later cruise segments departing March 9, 2021 (HK-Tokyo-Tokyo-Vancouver) are mostly waitlisted and have been since soon after booking opened - very popular itineraries.