49 dollar laundry for 7 day cruise: Per day or per week

steve4031

28 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hmmm. The package says weekly. I would try scrolling down to maybe day 7 of your cruise and see whether you can buy the 1 week package from there. Let me know if it works. 

A good suggestion, but the cost of the Laundry Package on day 7 was still $98. (though that might change on day 7 on board the ship)

I think I'll stick with doing a few $20 stuff bags.

Edited by NGBG

35 minutes ago, NGBG said:

In a 14 day cruise, is it possible to take the $49 laundry service for just the second week?

Or even better, for 7 consecutive days mid cruise? 

No, that's not possible.  It's all or nothing with the unlimited.  You have to pay for every day even when you cannot use it (like the last 48 hours).  Sounds like you will be better off with a few bags instead.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, SunnyinDubai said:

Hi, are the prices for the laundry package cheaper if purchased before the cruise? Just wondering if we should wait to purchase when onboard as  we have OBC which we can  use. Thanks!

The people above state it is not cheaper ahead of time. When you send your first items, just check "Unlimited" at the bottom of the form, and you will be charged $7/day (or $9/day if either end of your cruise is in Europe).

5 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The people above state it is not cheaper ahead of time. When you send your first items, just check "Unlimited" at the bottom of the form, and you will be charged $7/day (or $9/day if either end of your cruise is in Europe).

Thanks...I must have missed reading that bit 😞 

Edited by SunnyinDubai

1 hour ago, SunnyinDubai said:

Thanks...I must have missed reading that bit 😞 

No shame! When NGBG said "A good suggestion, but the cost of the Laundry Package on day 7 was still $98. (though that might change on day 7 on board the ship)" they were putting in the Unlimited Laundry on day 7 of their two week vacation and seeing 2x$49 for the total. It was a little vague, easy to skim by that.

There is no savings ahead of time NOR in saving up dirty clothes to part way through your cruise.

Here is a photo of the laundry list. It doesn't show the prices for the "by the bag" or "Unlimited". 

At last confirmation by-the-bag was $20/bag except $30/bag if either end of the cruise is in Europe. (Not sure about the odd itinerary where neither is true but some ports are in Europe!)

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HAL-Laundry-Bag-Price.pdf

Here is a list of what I got in one bag:

1405393781_bagolaundry.JPG.ea9d159f321b58a02bb00e4045c4a144.JPG

The only problem (for carry-on travellers) with the by-the-bag option, is you still have to carry all of the above PLUS a bit more to wear while these are being washed!