Transfer in Barbados from hotel to ship

Pendle Witch

We are sailing from Barbados to St Martin. We are staying overnight in a hotel booked through Seabourn with transfers. Has anyone experience of this, and at what time can we expect to be collected and dropped off at the ship? Would love to arrive in time for lunch on the back of the Colonnade.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, Pendle Witch said:

We are staying at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion, hopefully a 12.30  pick up will get us there for lunch and a glass or two of something sparkling.

I'm pleased to hear that Seabourn puts passengers up at the Royal Pavilion.  So many cruise passengers end up at the ghastly Hilton.  The Royal Pavilion is a very pleasant place to stay and has arguably the best location of all the Barbados west coast hotels.  Beach erosion has been a continuing problem on the island (Cobbler's Cove has been ruined because of it) but the long stretch of sand by the Pavilion seems to be as nice as ever. 

5 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Are you on the TA?  Never mind I just looked at the roll call.  See you both on-board.  

Yes we are, headed to Lisbon and from there we are in Europe for a couple of months.  Looking forward to coming back to Seabourn, although the long flight from California to Barbados has me stressed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, tv24 said:

Yes we are, headed to Lisbon and from there we are in Europe for a couple of months.  Looking forward to coming back to Seabourn, although the long flight from California to Barbados has me stressed.

Can you imagine our pain in New Zealand and Australia , 26 hours to Europe, 19 hours to Miami with one stop on the fastest flights . Fortunately Air NZ Flies directly to LAX, SFO , IAH , ORD and in November 2020 EWR.

6 minutes ago, kowhairob said:

Can you imagine our pain in New Zealand and Australia , 26 hours to Europe, 19 hours to Miami with one stop on the fastest flights . Fortunately Air NZ Flies directly to LAX, SFO , IAH , ORD and in November 2020 EWR.

I do feel your pain.  If I lived in Auckland, I would try to pick up a ship in Auckland or Sydney.  Last year we took a ship from Sydney to Vancouver (also one from San Francisco to Sydney) and thus avoided the long flights across the Pacific.  We once sailed the Seabourn Sojourn from Los Angeles to Auckland and on the Sydney.

1 minute ago, tv24 said:

I do feel your pain.  If I lived in Auckland, I would try to pick up a ship in Auckland or Sydney.  Last year we took a ship from Sydney to Vancouver (also one from San Francisco to Sydney) and thus avoided the long flights across the Pacific.  We once sailed the Seabourn Sojourn from Los Angeles to Auckland and on the Sydney.

We are booked on the Sojourn April 29th so our flights are only 3 1/2 hours to Sydney and 3 hours from Fiji .