Booking a Guarantee

Taking a last minute cruise with my daughter (only 69 days left).  It's only four days so we opted for a guarantee inside to save some dough.  Once your cabin is assigned, how are you notified?  I really could care less which cabin we get.  IT'S A CRUISE!! Four nights, I can deal with anything. Just want to be on the look out.  

Thanks in advance....

On our 5 day Dream cruise last July, we booked a guaranteed balcony cabin. We didn't know the cabin number until we completed the online check in 3 or 4 weeks before sailing. That's when we found out. We were not notified any other way.

It should be on your cruise paperwork, Carnival, and you, will have to have it confirmed so you can print luggage tags. I did a guarantee once, it just showed up about 30 days out for a balcony room. The final date will probably be a function of how filled the cruise is, as people book, rooms need to be allocated and assigned.

1 hour ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

It should be on your cruise paperwork, Carnival, and you, will have to have it confirmed so you can print luggage tags. I did a guarantee once, it just showed up about 30 days out for a balcony room. The final date will probably be a function of how filled the cruise is, as people book, rooms need to be allocated and assigned.

Rooms can be assigned on embark day and nothing will show for luggage tags.  That is why porters have a list and they will tag your bag

We found out by logging in to our cruise planner.  I think it was 2-3 weeks from our sail date & maybe a week after booking.  We were told, though, that it could potentially be changed again.  It wasn't, though & we were really glad because it was on Lido deck, which is our favorite.