Cruise Critic Community
mattswiss

Best Sale ever! Yes it is for us

Just wanted to tell to check your bookings and try to refare. Just saved $450 per Person on our SouthAmerican Cruise in 2021. 
We had the sip&sail package and upgraded to the new promotion for free. 
$900 to spend on other things. Great Deal!

Big shout out to Karen who was most pleasant with this change. Thank you.

Just checked our booking, and the new sale is not for us. The base fare is actually $10 more than our current fare and we’d lose our $150/ea. onboard credit, 2 bottles of wine and specialty dining perks.  The higher fare’s value really depends on how much you drink a day. We enjoy our cocktails ... but not 15 a day!  The added internet and gratuities still don’t make the new $840 (total) higher mini-suite fare a deal for us.

Edited by BigGuy25

not for us either.... The fare went up by $150 per persons 1 and 2, and by $280 for person 3 for INSIDE cabin for a 1 week Caribbean cruise. Ridiculous. And no perks of any kind.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

So strange that we are the only people this far profiting from this sale. Maybe it has to do in which cabin you are booked. We are in a club class mini suite. 

I can't see any pricing for our Hawaii ,Dec. 2020 cruise.

Can anyone see that?? Is the sale on for that cruise?

Not for us...the cruise bringing the ship to LA has the sale, the cruise after ours to Hawaii has it ...but our sailing right in between.....nada not on sale.  oh well

I'm a no too!  My cruise (mini suite) went up over $500pp for us.......but we happy with our Cyber Sale booking, so no biggie.

Looks like those on longer cruises with Bev Pkg and Grats are the winners!

Edited by Beave8920

We just added drinks and internet to our already booked cruise for an additional 25 a day. Per person of course. Kept our same fare, and cabin, so we did not have to reface to get this deal. We were booked under 3 for free and kept those perks as well. 

22 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Not a good deal if you don't drink.  I am better off without this Sale!

So agree! 

1 hour ago, BigGuy25 said:

Just checked our booking, and the new sale is not for us. The base fare is actually $10 more than our current fare and we’d lose our $150/ea. onboard credit, 2 bottles of wine and specialty dining perks.  The higher fare’s value really depends on how much you drink a day. We enjoy our cocktails ... but not 15 a day!  The added internet and gratuities still don’t make the new $840 (total) higher mini-suite fare a deal for us.

You don't need to refare!  We have three cabins (taking the family on a Caribbean cruise in June) booked under the cyber event sale (with the perks you listed).  This morning our TA entered BEST2DG coupon code and $210 ($30 per day) was added to each fare for the drink package and gratuities.  Since we would have been paying the gratuities on our folio, the overall cost of the cruise only increased $105 per person and we still have all the credits and perks from the cyber event!

image.png.fc1964e2321990ab8c7c68efc2b87976.png

All the previous perks  and credits are still listed on my cruise summary and the new ones have been added:

Special Services for this booking (2 passengers)

Service

Quantity

Price

Total

2 Bottles of wine per stateroom

$75.52

$75.52

•  

Specialty Dining

$29.00

$29.00

•  

MEDALLIONNET 4-DEVICE PROMO 2-30DAY

$104.93

$104.93

•  

Specialty Dining

$29.00

$29.00

•  

Premier Beverage Package With Tips

$495.39

$495.39

•  

Full Onboard Gratuities Included

$108.50

$108.50

•  

Premier Beverage Package With Tips

$495.39

$495.39

•  

Full Onboard Gratuities Included

$108.50

$108.50

•  

Our base price went up a few $$$, but we were able to score free gratuities, beverage package and wifi.  That's a win!!!

The website isn’t showing the add-ons but they are available if you have an existing booking. You have to call princess or your TA. The other thread on this sale has the different add-on combinations and costs and the associated promo codes.

Sadly this sale is not for us. We already had free gratuities, OBSs and air credit. If I refair my Aug 20 Enchanted Med cruise, the fair alone is more than my total for cabin, airfare and insurance. Hopefully it will work better for others!

Doesn't look to work for us. For our 2021 Panama Canal cruise we already have $450 OBC and free gratuities for $1000 lower base price. 

1 hour ago, mattswiss said:

So strange that we are the only people this far profiting from this sale. Maybe it has to do in which cabin you are booked. We are in a club class mini suite. 

I have cc minis or suites already booked for 4 cruises before this sale and my fares are on average $250 more pp! than what I was able to book when they first became available.  So basically I would be paying for my "free" gratuities and wifi.  I don't think about the drink package portion as I don't drink.  So this sale is really no good for me.  I have one cruise where as an interim sale would be ok, but even though it doesn't sale until July, 2021, my category stateroom(the only one by the way!) is already sold out so I can't get this sale!  Am a little bummed out.

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

2 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Doesn't look to work for us. For our 2021 Panama Canal cruise we already have $450 OBC and free gratuities for $1000 lower base price. 

For mine, it's going to end up costing me $550 less.  So I'm happy.  Only thing is, I had to cancel my initial booking with a TA and then rebook with Princess, but I was still able to get the cabin I wanted (it's literally next door to the one I had originally booked!).

My TA  added the BEST2DG Coupon to our Anniversary, $1 Deposit booking .

Looks like a good deal but will leave us with extra OBC that usually goes for Tips , Drinks and Coffee Cards.

A few extra Excursions should take care of that.

However , our $1 Deposits went from Refundable to Non Refundable .

This sale has me doing the happy dance. We did the add-on of $25pp for our 28 day cruise around Australia for internet and the drink package. We kept all other onboard credit, speciality dining and free gratuities. 

24 minutes ago, Storm Monkey said:

The website isn’t showing the add-ons but they are available if you have an existing booking. You have to call princess or your TA. The other thread on this sale has the different add-on combinations and costs and the associated promo codes.

I don't think folks with existing bookings have read those postings (posts 112 and 115) on 

image.png.0b39c568a9354ed5b42f682da9a08544.png

image.png.64cef7d7d1edf43629a2aa9b6efca447.png

Edited by capriccio

This is an add-on promotion.  No need to refare .   I added Gratuity and Beverage package to our existing booking Regal Transatlantic and British Isles in April, 2020 for $30 per day.   Fare remained the same, WiFi, specialty dining, wine, airfare Promo and onboard credit still intact.   A definite win for us as we do not need to buy water package, coffee cards and usual beverages for our stateroom.
Also received a complimentary upgrade from an IF Inside fare to a DB Balcony yesterday.

The promo also works to our advantage for our Asia trip in October trip.

I

Added on drinks/Wifi to our 3FF, kept all the perks in the 3FF.   the $25/day went to the price of the cabin.  I call it a huge win saving us $$ as we drink.   

Looking forward to it!

Ok I get it now, I don't need to refare. So I called in for my May 2020 7 day Mexican Rivera cruise. It cost me $560 to get $1254 in amenities (deluxe beverage, WiFi, free gratuities).  Nice 😀

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Not a good deal if you don't drink.  I am better off without this Sale!

Agree.  We have booked our cruise with the previous deal including free gratuities, and $945 in obc between Princess and our Big Box TA, so that will pay for plenty of drinks, since Mr. Pcur is diet coke, and I'm a 2-drink person.