My time dining.

rdsxgrl28

On 12/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, BirdTravels said:

You can make reservations or show up when you want. Reservations will help you get in quicker. You will normally be given a 2-top. Today, many people don't want to have to eat with others any longer (old school cursing). They prefer going to a restaurant when they want. They want to take as long as they want (don't want to be held by that one person who incessantly talks and slows down the service). There are cruise lines like NCL that only offer MTD. 

The OP wants a big table and all the baggage that goes with it😉

5 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

If you have set time dining and miss it, can you still go in for my time dining or do you need to go somewhere other than the main dining room to eat that night? 

Most times no you'd have to go to the windjammer. You could always explain your dilemma to the Maitre'd or the host or hostess and they might be able to squeeze you in.

10 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Most times no you'd have to go to the windjammer. You could always explain your dilemma to the Maitre'd or the host or hostess and they might be able to squeeze you in.

The key word is MIGHT and I imagine it would more likely be towards the end of the night and not around 7pm

Our last experience with MTD was on the Empress and it worked well.   On the first night we made a reservation for all the other nights at the times we preferred and when we arrived we said we wanted a large table.  You do not get to choose the table so your wait staff will be different each night.   We ended up meeting a lot of interesting people (who also asked for a big table) and enjoyed all the meals.

2 hours ago, biomedbob said:

We've met life time friends on cruises from all over the world by choosing a large table.  Go for it...you won't be disappointed!

I am glad that works for you but I've been there and done that so no need to try it.

I WAS disappointed. It's not for everybody.🙂

1 minute ago, rostbp said:

There are 6 of us.  Should each of us choose My Time Dining for a particular time?  How do we indicate we want to sit together?

You should be able to use the Cruise Planner to make reservations for those on different booking numbers.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:10 PM, John&LaLa said:

The OP wants a big table and all the baggage that goes with it😉

On 12/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, biomedbob said:

We've met life time friends on cruises from all over the world by choosing a large table.  Go for it...you won't be disappointed!

We have actually made very good friends also.  We've cruise together many times - had a blast. Planning a 2021 one also. 

If friends are baggage happy to have the luggage. 

Edited by rdsxgrl28
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rdsxgrl28 said:

We have actually made very good friends also.  We've cruise together many times - had a blast. Planning a 2021 one also. 

If friends are baggage happy to have the luggage. 

Glad it worked out. We gave up on large table when folks quit showing up for dinner, or when they arrived 30 minutes late.  Things like that are what I refer to