Cruise Critic Community
GROUCHPUSS

Cheer's is going through some more changes.(Non-Alcoholic drinks only)

Just off the 3 Day Panorama Inaugural, I enjoyed the ship, best in it class as far as I am concerned. 
On to cheer's.

This is the 1st ship with the new Pepsi line up and on the 1st day all was great you could order any Non-Alcoholic pre bottled drinks you wanted as in the large Starbucks coffee drinks, propel waters and other pre bottled drinks from the coffee shop. But on the second day that all came to a halt and a lot of the new products where no longer included and Cheer's now had a very limited selection of what was included in the pre bottle drink category, anything that was not now included was 25% off. Please don't ask what was and was not included as I did not ask about every product on every shelf at the coffee shop. ALSO THIS DID NOT APPLY TO ANY ALCOHOLIC OR ANY HAND MADE DRINKS ON THE SHIP OR IN THE COFFEE SHOP! Only applied to some of the brilliant new line up of products that come with the Pepsi change over. Also NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTIL THE SHIPS GET PEPSI. So please don't say I just came off X ship and I could buy anything I wanted on Cheer's because the only ship that has Pepsi is the Panorama until closer to the 1st of the year. This not a complaint I still got my monies worth on cheer's but I was disappointing that everything will not be included as before with the Coke line up.

Maybe Carnival will rethink this before the full switch over but for now this is the way it is on the Panorama.

What’s a “pre bottled” drink? I know what a bottled drink is, but I’m puzzled what the “pre” means in this context given that “pre” means “before.”’

Edited by bakersdozen12

about 4-5 weeks ago, john heald posted this list which shows which is inlcuded with cheers and what is not:

* means it is Included in Bottomless Bubbles & Cheers packages.
+ Included in Cheers! drink package only

Pepsi*
Diet Pepsi*
Pepsi Zero Sugar*
Caffeine Free Pepsi*
Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free*
Sierra Mist*
Sierra Mist Zero Sugar*
Mug Root Beer*
Diet Mug Root Beer*
MTN Dew*
Diet MTN Dew*
Bubly Lime Sparkling Water*
Bubly Grapefruit Sparkling Water*
Bubly Orange Sparkling Water*
Naked Green Machine

Naked Mighty Mango
Naked Strawberry Banana
Half Naked Lively Greens
Half Naked Peach with Ginger
Pure Leaf Honey Green Tea+
Pure Leaf Tea & Lemonade+
Pure Leaf Unsweetened Black Tea+
Pure Leaf Sweet Tea+
Gatorade Lemon Lime+
Gatorade Fruit Punch+
Propel Electrolyte Water+
Propel Strawberry Raspberry+
Propel Peach Mango+
Starbucks Frappuccino+
Starbucks Double Shot Espresso+

With the new ship, new beverage lineup and new staff/crew member it often takes time for the changes to take into effect

10 minutes ago, coevan said:

completely confused on the OP's post, Shoff's list looks fine to me.

None of this is included any on the Panorama as of right now

Naked Mighty Mango
Naked Strawberry Banana
Half Naked Lively Greens
Half Naked Peach with Ginger
Pure Leaf Honey Green Tea+
Pure Leaf Tea & Lemonade+
Pure Leaf Unsweetened Black Tea+
Pure Leaf Sweet Tea
Propel Electrolyte Water+
Propel Strawberry Raspberry+
Propel Peach Mango+
Starbucks Frappuccino+

29 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

What’s a “pre bottled” drink? I know what a bottled drink is, but I’m puzzled what the “pre” means in this context given that “pre” means “before.”’

I could have used just bottle I guess. My meaning just any drink that is sealed and not hand made or mixed by someone

17 minutes ago, coevan said:

completely confused on the OP's post, Shoff's list looks fine to me.

So I am saying what was promised is not being delivered the cut a lot of the products out of that list.

16 minutes ago, GROUCHPUSS said:

So I am saying what was promised is not being delivered the cut a lot of the products out of that list.

i dont think they cut anything. with the panorama being a new ship and carnival changing the beverages vendor, my best guess is it is a logistical nightmare loading everything and maintaining the proper inventory onboard. Most likely, the drinks that is not on the list never arrived at the terminal thus never made it board. this is one of the quirks of sailing on a brand new ship first few cruises. Eventfully, after a few sailings when inventory balances itself out and the loading logistics is iron out, things will be back to normal

I sailed on the Vista first cruise out of USA when it completed cruising in Europe , some of the soda and other items they had onboard seem to be from Europe based on the can and packing material. later in the cruise as the inventory of these items went down, they were slowly replaced with normal products you find in the USA

Edited by shof515

I am still confused, so they had them to purchase but not offered as part of cheers, or they did not have them?  I am talking on day two.

Edited by jimbo5544

IMO

Considering that alcoholic drinks sell for more than all of those bottled beverages and the high fee for Cheers!, it all should be included with Cheers!.  It may be that Carnival pays more for each bottled beverage than for a mixed drink so they’re justifying the distinction that way. I can see less of it available for Bottomless Bubbles, as to me its name implies soda only.  it’ll be interesting when it all shakes out. 🙂

19 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am still confused, so they had them to purchase but not offered as part of cheers, or they did not have them?  I am talking on day two.

On the 1st day everything that should have been included in you cheer's package was included. On the second day a many items that should been included were only 25% off, like Propel drinks and Starbucks Frappuccino plus other items you could only purchase at a 25% discount with cheer's

Edited by GROUCHPUSS

Just also found out that a friend on mine stayed on for the 7 and signed up for bottomless bubbles for the 7 day and the bubly water is not included in the Bottomless Bubbles package like it should be?

How are you people confused?  He is saying all the bottled drinks in the earlier list were not available on Cheers from Day 2 on and only offered at a 25% discount.  If that is long term it sucks.

I don’t know how Carnival can get away with this since the terms and conditions on their website state differently. If I was on that sailing and paid for any of the drinks that they deemed not included I would be getting a refund for every one of them through customer service when I got home. I think sometimes you may get and overzealous F&B manager who tries to change things they have no right to change.

9FB659D0-6043-4CF7-B8B1-67808F4E8C91.png

7 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I don’t know how Carnival can get away with this since the terms and conditions on their website state differently. If I was on that sailing and paid for any of the drinks that they deemed not included I would be getting a refund for every one of them through customer service when I got home. I think sometimes you may get and overzealous F&B manager who tries to change things they have no right to change.

9FB659D0-6043-4CF7-B8B1-67808F4E8C91.png

I think when it is your field and your ball, you pretty much can and change the rules any time you want.  It will be interesting to see if this is a change for all cruises or something particular to this sailing.  I feel confident that one ship will not be different.

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

That really isn't going to get you anywhere because it includes the discontinued products not the new offerings.

29 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Are beverages really this serious?

Did you see the tirade about switching soda brands??

Edited by jimbo5544

9 hours ago, GROUCHPUSS said:

I am Happy to report that after a few trip to GS This issue has been resolved! YAY! Everything is back!

Good to know.....

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

Well.....If I am paying pretty good money for a beverage program I like to know what is included, especially when something that is advertised is taken away.

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

They are if you paid the price of cheers and expected these drinks to be included per Carnivals website. 

Pat

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

Well.....If I am paying pretty good money for a beverage program I like to know what is included, especially when something that is advertised is taken away.

Well I guess this all ended well so we can now rest easy.  How do I recognize good money from bad money?😉

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Well I guess this all ended well so we can now rest easy.  How do I recognize good money from bad money?😉

they make markers for US currency that change certain colors for good money vs bad money.

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Bad money will attempt to pull your pants down from behind you when you're otherwise occupied.