Cruise Critic Community
jdechter

port everglades free library downloads available?

New Library Access for Cruise Guests Cruise guests are now eligible for a Broward County Library Instant eCard that will give you access to free unlimited online eBooks, music, magazines, movies and more. BEFORE your cruise, visit Broward.org/Library using the free Wi-Fi in the terminal and click on the “Library Cards” button to sign up, then download the online entertainment of your choice to enjoy before, during and after your cruise.

Very cool, thanks for posting.

Will check it out next visit in Jan. 

I wonder how they will guarantee the returns - maybe the stuff will disappear after a week or two?

I get ebooks from my home library all the time, and there is a process and a due date for "returning" them

Ok, I never keep mine until the due date.

I did not realize that. Good to know, and that answers my question.

i use the Kindle app on my iPad to e-read, maybe that’s why I have to go through a few steps to return to the library. 

3 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Ok, I never keep mine until the due date.

I did not realize that. Good to know, and that answers my question.

i use the Kindle app on my iPad to e-read, maybe that’s why I have to go through a few steps to return to the library. 

You must finish them before the due date.  When they are due, they just disappear with a notice that the rental has expired.

Am I missing something here?  What is Broward county ebook library gonna give me beyond what i can already get from my own library?

33 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

You must finish them before the due date.  

I know this - however, I rarely take more than a few days to finish a book, and know that frequently other ppl are waiting for it, so I go on Amazon and "return" it to the library as soon as I finish.

That is why I didn't know that they disappear automatically after the due date. 

I guess I wasn't clear in my other post. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle

22 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

You must finish them before the due date.  When they are due, they just disappear with a notice that the rental has expired.

Am I missing something here?  What is Broward county ebook library gonna give me beyond what i can already get from my own library?

Well, libraries have different collections, so maybe they have something that isn't available from your home library? I belong to three libraries and check out different things from all of them. Always nice to have a new option 😉