If you actually enjoy reading people’s NCL complaints

tallnthensome

48 minutes ago, fendawg42 said:

My favorite one so far--

"We hated both our cabin (we had a jacuzzi in the middle of the room) and the ship (very crowded with no places to just sit and relax without having to buy something). The ship was obscenely large and crowded. It was embarrassing every time we docked in one of the Mediterranean destinations and the ship dominated the harbor."

They were embarrassed about the size of the ship. I’m crying real tears over here 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, AGards said:

oh this is hilarious 😂 A thread devoted to people complaining about people complaining. 

As sweetnspicy said the pax responding aren't complaining. More like shaking their heads, amazed at how foolish people can be about "their" complaints.

My favorite was while i was waiting in line to clear immigration.  It was like 8:30 or 9am.  We were waiting in a very orderly line outside of the theater. The two ladies behind us kept complaining and complaining that the bar was not open.  They thought it was some kind of conspiracy for the cruise line to try to screw them out of using their beverage package

21 hours ago, beerman2 said:

As sweetnspicy said the pax responding aren't complaining. More like shaking their heads, amazed at how foolish people can be about "their" complaints.

ok well, the definition of complaining is "the expression of dissatisfaction or annoyance about something".  Is that not EXACTLY what you guys are doing?  Expressing your annoyance about the complainers?  So yes this is a thread devoted to complaining about the complainers and I do think it's hilarious.  I'm not saying it's wrong or anything but lets call it what it actually is. 

1 hour ago, AGards said:

So yes this is a thread devoted to complaining about the complainers and I do think it's hilarious...

It seems like it has evolved into that, which isn't anywhere near as fun as just reading complaints for entertainment value. It's like reading bad restaurant reviews or movie reviews and the like. There's some schadenfreude in reading the accounts of honestly awful trips, and some moral superiority felt reading the reviews of people who were clearly going to find SOMETHING wrong, and downright amusement at hyperbole and ridiculous turns of phrase. 

On 12/25/2019 at 1:08 PM, GettotheSun said:

"Sixteen people were held hostage by locals in Costa Maya during their NCL sponsored excursion. This was swept under the rug of course.

Most of these were hilarious, but this one was just a little scary. It's rare, but awful things like this definitely happen.

There was a news story a few weeks ago about 18 people claiming they were briefly taken hostage by people with shotguns while on a Jeep tour in Costa Maya, and the article said they had been on NCL. I have no clue how credible it is, or whether or not they stated it was an NCL excursion.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:57 AM, Sweetnspicy said:

Thank you for posting this 🤣🤣 I listen to a podcast called “Beach too sandy, water too wet” and they read and laugh over bad reviews. It’s hysterical! 

I am going to have to find this podcast, sounds entertaining

44 minutes ago, SeekingtheSun said:

Most of these were hilarious, but this one was just a little scary. It's rare, but awful things like this definitely happen.

There was a news story a few weeks ago about 18 people claiming they were briefly taken hostage by people with shotguns while on a Jeep tour in Costa Maya, and the article said they had been on NCL. I have no clue how credible it is, or whether or not they stated it was an NCL excursion.

I was not saying that specific instances people were pointing out were hilarious but rather the people complaining about people complaining are hilarious and yes I agree that was not the intent of the original thread but that is definitely what it turned into.  Get off your high horses people :-)  Before you jump on me, I agree with most every one of you but would never point it out or put people down for coming on a forum called Cruise Critic and voicing opinions and posting reviews that they are entitled to do.  Think of this for every question or review you post, I guarantee their are plenty rolling their eyes at you too so think of that before picking others apart is all I'm saying.  C'est la vie people!

Edited by AGards

2 hours ago, AGards said:

ok well, the definition of complaining is "the expression of dissatisfaction or annoyance about something".  Is that not EXACTLY what you guys are doing?  Expressing your annoyance about the complainers? 

I would argue most people on this thread are expressing amusement, not expressing "dissatisfaction or annoyance."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AL3XCruise said:

I would argue most people on this thread are expressing amusement, not expressing "dissatisfaction or annoyance."

Should I of used the words "making fun of"?  Does that make it better? 

1 minute ago, AGards said:

And you’re telling others to get off their “high horse”, lol. 

If a reviewer refers to an entire city of people as a “dump”, (which has nothing to do with their cruise)  not too worried about hurting their feelings by laughing at the absurdity of such a statement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AGards said:

Perhaps it is more accurate, but it defeats the entire purpose of your original post that this was a "A thread devoted to people complaining about people complaining."

If you feel it is inappropriate to find humor that someone thinks the ship was too big for the port, that is your right.  But make that argument, not one that people here are being hypocritical. 

22 minutes ago, AGards said:

I was not saying that specific instances people were pointing out were hilarious but rather the people complaining about people complaining are hilarious and yes I agree that was not the intent of the original thread but that is definitely what it turned into.  Get off your high horses people 🙂

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Did you mean to quote this post, or the one I made before it?

As far as this thread being about making fun of people or "tearing others apart", these are public reviews, not people's private thoughts. They meant for others to see what they wrote, which includes the possibility of the review being quoted, criticized, or otherwise reproduced. Maybe it's not your thing, which I can understand, but I think at least some of us are enjoying it. It gives us something fun to do waiting for our next cruise. 

12 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

And you’re telling others to get off their “high horse”, lol. 

If a reviewer refers to an entire city of people as a “dump”, (which has nothing to do with their cruise)  not too worried about hurting their feelings by laughing at the absurdity of such a statement.

This is exactly what I'm talking about!  You feel the need to call me out because you don't agree with me or are triggered by my statement.  Can't you just not agree, roll your eyes at me and scroll on by?  All I'm saying is complaining about the complainers is calling the kettle black is it not?  Also,  what I was meaning by my statement of get off your high horse was don't think your better than others and make fun and complain about them.  Maybe I should of just said that instead.

Edited by AGards
spelling

12 minutes ago, AL3XCruise said:

Perhaps it is more accurate, but it defeats the entire purpose of your original post that this was a "A thread devoted to people complaining about people complaining."

If you feel it is inappropriate to find humor that someone thinks the ship was too big for the port, that is your right.  But make that argument, not one that people here are being hypocritical. 

It is complaining about complainers.  That is my opinion.   You were the one arguing the semantics of what I was originally saying.  You don't have to agree with me.  All is good.  I don't feel it inappropriate in anyway just pointing something I found hilarious out.

1 minute ago, GettotheSun said:

Yet you don’t follow your own advice?

Oh my you guys are HILARIOUS!  You take one sentence out of my paragraph to pick me apart.  You are missing my point and that's ok. Have a good day and carry on.

4 minutes ago, AGards said:

It is complaining about complainers.  That is my opinion.   You were the one arguing the semantics of what I was originally saying

Then say it is your opinion, I can respectfully disagree with that.  But don't try to justify it with a dictionary definition and then claim others are arguing semantics.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AGards said:

Oh my you guys are HILARIOUS!  You take one sentence out of my paragraph to pick me apart.  You are missing my point and that's ok. Have a good day and carry on.

There you go...blame others.

It has to be that they are missing your point, right?

Can't possibly be that you have simply failed to make your point...

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

There you go...blame others.

It has to be that they are missing your point, right?

Can't possibly be that you have simply failed to make your point...

Ok guys you win.  Waving the white flag.  Definitely me failing to make my point.  It was not my intent to blame others but just simply point out that this tread went down the wrong road and into complaining territory about what others post on their reviews that you don't agree with.  I'm clearly in the wrong though.  Have a great day.  Please be kind to one another even the ones you don't agree with in life and I'll try my best to be better as well.  

Edited by AGards

5 hours ago, AGards said:

ok well, the definition of complaining is "the expression of dissatisfaction or annoyance about something".  Is that not EXACTLY what you guys are doing?  Expressing your annoyance about the complainers?  So yes this is a thread devoted to complaining about the complainers and I do think it's hilarious.  I'm not saying it's wrong or anything but lets call it what it actually is. 

You're not complaining about complainers complaining about complainers are you? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, AGards said:

You have actually brought it upon yourself. Now you are complaining about the posters you think are complaining about some of the stupid complaints/comments made about trivial things/situation.

This started as a light hearted thread , that was entirely twisted into something it isn't. There is only 1 poster ( look in the mirror) that has your view on this thread. If you're trolling "well played", if serious OMG .

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 10:40 AM, April42749 said:

Those are my favorites too.  I like to meet the Negative Nellies on the ships also.  Last cruise (MSC) a man was complaining on the first sea day about the food being "too Eurooean".  Well,  it's  an Italian ship....what was he expecting???

they were expecting American pasta, Hamburgers and HUGE portions...:-)...lol

• Like 1

“ While we tried to look at the positive during our trip it was difficult to find the silver lining. Something as simple as requesting a Turkey burger became a task, I was profoundly dissappointed.”

Recent review of the Epic. Im in tears!!! 😂😂

• Haha 2