Choice Air

kimlet

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is a forum on this site all about cruise air.  I have used them for international flights.  Found great rates and being able to reprice should rate lower is a great option.

For domestic flights I usually google flights then book direct online with the airline.  

where can i find that forum 

59 minutes ago, kimlet said:

Anyone purchased with Royal Caribbean and the Choice Air? Thougthts or concerns, got reasonable price for end of April for our cruise.

Fares for purely domestic flights are usually a bit higher than the airline's website.

Fars for international travel, especially one-way, are usually much better than the airline's website.

I have used for one way to/from Europe and had great pricing.  You do need to be creative last time we landed in Rome  then flew to Dublin then back to Denver  it was less than 600.00 Denver to Miami then Rome Dublin 3 days later Dublin Denver.

12 hours ago, kimlet said:

Anyone purchased with Royal Caribbean and the Choice Air? Thougthts or concerns, got reasonable price for end of April for our cruise.

11 hours ago, kimlet said:

where can i find that forum 

The Cruise Air forum is under the "Cruise Discussion Topics" heading on the first page of the message boards.  Scroll down past the forums for specific cruise lines, and you'll see it.

There are pros and cons to booking air through the cruise line.  Sometimes, particularly for long haul international flights, you can find lower prices through the cruise line, you may be able to delay payment and/or cancel or change your flights after booking for no charge, and the cruise line usually offers some level of assistance should there be delays/cancellations with your flight. 

On the flip side, when you delay payment, the airline may give your a flight reservation but not actually ticket your flight (i.e. pay the airline) which often means you can't select seats, pay for upgrades etc. until it's ticketed, at which point those options might be limited.  The cruise line also doesn't work with all airlines (Southwest, for example), may ticket you in a bulk-type fare that puts you farther down the list to be reaccommodated by the airline if something happens, and there are mixed reports of the help received when delays/cancellations occur; some people report great service from the cruise line air department, while others report limited or poor service and end up having to deal with the airline on their own.