New promo starting December 17?

EllieinNJ

29 minutes ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

I checked my cruise prices today hoping for a reduction, and the current price is actually higher today with only 2 Free at Sea offers.  I  have all of the offers in my current mini-suite reservation.

I am bitterly disappointed, obviously.  

Just my opinion, but if you booked at a lower price AND you got all of the offers, then being "bitterly disappointed" is just a bit dramatic. Being that you have a better price and better offers, you should actually be happy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Just my opinion, but if you booked at a lower price AND you got all of the offers, then being "bitterly disappointed" is just a bit dramatic. Being that you have a better price and better offers, you should actually be happy.

I was trying to be funny - Let's just say I'm slightly disappointed.

• Like 2

I had a hold that expires at midnight, tonight. Today's prices are $50 higher than yesterday's, so glad that my hold was still good for yesterday's promotional prices! Maybe for a more expensive cruise, today's rates would be better, but for my 5 day cruise, it wasn't.

The prices for our cruise in November 2020 went up $500, so they are now discounted $500. 

The prices are still higher (by about $500 MORE per person) than what I paid a month or so ago - before any of the sales.

Does NCL really think people don't look at prices and understand what they are doing (or not doing)?

I hope the sales end soon, so the prices can go back to normal....LOL

1 hour ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

I was trying to be funny - Let's just say I'm slightly disappointed.

Yeah...I must not get the humor. Bitterly or slightly, I don't know why anyone would be disappointed in the fact that they actually got a better deal. Again...just my opinion, but I think that should make a person happy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Yeah...I must not get the humor. Bitterly or slightly, I don't know why anyone would be disappointed in the fact that they actually got a better deal. Again...just my opinion, but I think that should make a person happy.

I'm an awful person, I know.  Nobody else on this board ever would be so ungrateful as to book a cruise, and then actually hope that the price goes down later so they can get a reduction.  I'm clearly the only one who even looks at prices after they've booked.  There probably isn't a single thread on this board about people looking for price drops. 

3 minutes ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

I'm an awful person, I know.  Nobody else on this board ever would be so ungrateful as to book a cruise, and then actually hope that the price goes down later so they can get a reduction.  I'm clearly the only one who even looks at prices after they've booked.  There probably isn't a single thread on this board about people looking for price drops. 

Nothing wrong with looking for a price drop, I just thought...once again IN MY OPINION....that it was strange that someone might be "bitterly disappointed" in learning that the deal they received was BETTER than the current deal.

Using myself as an example, I have booked a cruise on the Pearl for April 2020. When I booked the pp price was $599...with the drink package. If I were to book that same room today, the fare is now $1,099pp.

I just don't see why that fact would disappoint me to any degree when, in fact, I am happy that I got a better deal.

Interesting... On the 16th I captured the prices for 4 cruises I’m considering for next autumn, all with multiple stops in Japan and all for solo occupancy. None of them had been marked as “Solo Cruiser discount” - in fact, nothing beyond February 2020 was except for some cruise/tour and cruise/hotel combos.

Checked again today. Three went up in price across all cabin categories. The fourth, which had a solo discount prior to the recent price shenanigans, has the discount back in place AND free/reduced air for OV or higher. While I’m not sure I’d want NCL to arrange my flights, based on what people have posted here, the Book button has me sorely tempted now...

(Solo Cruiser discounts are now listed well beyond February, thank goodness)

I checked out of curiosity to find out that the price went up $180 per person from when we booked last month! When doing a mock booking, the total with taxes and the free at sea offers we chose, the total went up $400!

Edited by MrsKC08

I booked my March sailing on the Bliss during the Black Friday sale. We paid $699/person base fare with all perks  + taxes/gratuities for a BA. Total came out to $2113.44 for the two of us. Today, the base fare for a BA is $919 and the total for two people would be $2553.44. So definitely got a much better deal with the Black Friday sale.

• Like 1

I booked inside cheapest with drinks package, not sail away.
Now more expensive and has been since booking around thanksgiving.

I watch for any cheaper quote.

Thence I call for an upgrade, free of course. RCL does the same stuff prices rise then a discount it’s all about the bottom line of what you pay.

49 minutes ago, warburg said:

What is drink package, not sail away? This is our first NCL cruise in some years, and they predated drink packages. Thanks.

Mary

The PP is saying they booked the lowest rate that still had perks.  Sailaway rates are usually lower than other rates but do not come with perks and you do not know the room location until a few days before the cruise.  Some people are ok with this as it can be a significant savings.  On my upcoming cruise, the difference in a sailaway balcony rate and a regular balcony is $190/pp.  If location of the cabin is important to you, stay away from Sailaway and Guaranteed cabins. 

If location is important to you, you will have options for adding perks.  The beverage package is one of the perks but will you will pay the 20% gratuity on the daily rate of the package which comes out to $19.80/pp/day.  

Edited by Liljo22

Thank you Liljo22 for the excellent answer. I thought sail away might be some sort of champagne party on deck. I am really looking forward to this cruise. There are so many new things since 2007, our last NCL voyage. Our most recent adventures have been on Oceania and Regent. On Oceania, everyone has a mini bar filled with soft drinks that are constantly replaced, although now water will be in refillable bottles. If you order beers or not included drinks, you just have to pay up. On Regent, everything is included, even gratuities.