ENCORE- 12/08/19-12/15/19

ReaderDame

19 hours ago, DW09 said:

How long were you on the beach for at Jost Van Dyke?

We are taking this excursion. The 8:15 group. I'm glad to hear it was the best day ever! Can't wait! 

Thank you~

We also took the 8:15 time slot.  We were on the beach by 9:00am and we were picked back up at 12:30pm for the ride back to the ship.  The earlier time slot is better as the beach isn't as crowded and there is a large stack of chairs that can be used for free in front of Soggy Dollar... but as the day progresses the beach fills up.  Be aware, there is very little shady areas ; and there isn't umbrellas.  Same as the day Sid was there; there was a large cruise ship moored just off the beach and their passengers were being tendered back and forth from the ship; as well as lots of private excursion boats in front of the beach so the view was somewhat blocked.  Still, a beautiful beach and crystal clear water!  We did not eat on the beach as we'd had a large breakfast prior to leaving the ship... just a few drinks at Soggy's; so I can't speak for any of the restaurants

On 12/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, awinte2 said:

Did you find the pool deck overly crowded.

You definitely want to get there early if you wanna grab a good spot. The chairs are so close to each other so if you can grab the end of a row, it's much better. 

On 12/17/2019 at 10:03 AM, sid_9169 said:

People start lining up about 45 minutes prior to the show. It gets filled to capacity by the time the show starts. There is a standing room only area around the back wall in one section. You can't watch it from the waterfront.

You say "lining up". Does that mean you can't get a seat in advance and have a drink? On the Epic I would go ahead of time and sip on a drink while I was waiting. 

42 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

You say "lining up". Does that mean you can't get a seat in advance and have a drink? On the Epic I would go ahead of time and sip on a drink while I was waiting. 

They open to let people in before the show starts, but if you want a good seat, you'll have to be one of the first inside...