Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ski Mom 2

Which zip line would you recommend?

Recommended Posts

We have 3 stops in St Lucia on our upcoming Captivating Caribbean cruise on Windstar's Wind Surf: Castries, Pigeon Island and Soufriere.

 

There are 2 different zip lines in St Lucia: Rainforest Adventures and Treetop Adventures.

 

Has anyone done either one or both of these zip lines? What did you like best? What did you enjoy the least? Which stop would be the easiest for accessing the zip lines? We have zip lined in Costa Rica and Colorado and we think it would be fun to do in St Lucia.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

We have 3 stops in St Lucia on our upcoming Captivating Caribbean cruise on Windstar's Wind Surf: Castries, Pigeon Island and Soufriere.

 

There are 2 different zip lines in St Lucia: Rainforest Adventures and Treetop Adventures.

 

Has anyone done either one or both of these zip lines? What did you like best? What did you enjoy the least? Which stop would be the easiest for accessing the zip lines? We have zip lined in Costa Rica and Colorado and we think it would be fun to do in St Lucia.

 

Thanks!

There's actually three zip line courses in St Lucia. You missed St Lucia Hotwire at Morne Coubaril in Soufriere.

What appeals to you more - high lines, long lines, fast lines or scenery? 

And how long in each port do you have, as that makes a big difference on which one you could do 

From north to south:

 

Rainforest Adventures in Babonneau.  Fast lines, longest course. Through the rainforest. Aerial tram also. 30-40 minutes from Castries port.

 

Treetop Adventures in Dennery. 

Highest lines, fast lines, over the rainforest. Waterfall hike and swim also.

On east coast, about 50-60 minutes from Castries, 1.15-1.5 hours from Soufriere.

 

St Lucia Hotwire. 

Shortest and slowest lines. Through rainforest and views of Pitons. 10 minutes from pier in Soufriere. Morne Coubaril plantation with plantation tour, tree climbing, chocolate history, and wonderful lunch option.

 

So, depends how long you have in each stop, what appeals to you most, etc.  

 

All three are good fun and offer other options too.  

Enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS: looked up your port times. 

You're not going to be doing any sightseeing from Pigeon Island beyond nightlife around the area - you're there 6om till 6am.  Basically Anchorage for the night.  

 

Castries, 8-4. So, either Rainforest Adventures or Treetop. Contact either to see which will take independent guests, sometimes  they'll only take cruise guests booked through the cruise line 

 

Soufriere: 8-4. I'd highly suggest some of the other sights in the area, volcano and mud baths, waterfall swim, mineral baths, botanical gardens, etc.  Some unique Experiences right in the immediate area, worth checking out.  The Plantation your at Morne Coubaril is lovely though.  

Enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reedprincess:

 

Thank you so much for all this great information! I should have posted the times we will be in each port. On Pigeon Island we will actually be there overnight plus the following day for our beach picnic. We have been to Pigeon Island for a beach picnic so if we miss part of that it's OK. 

 

What I'm also trying to figure out is which port is best to do the zip line from. I didn't realize there were 3 of them and the 2 I mentioned seem, on paper, a lot alike. I like lots of zip lines but also a shorter commute would be nice. I don't really know what all we plan to do on St Lucia besides the zip lining. 

 

I would like to sail on a catamaran by the Pitons but am limited in walking too long and far due to recent foot surgery.

 

One other question if you don't mind...do you have any suggestions for dinner out while we are at Pigeon Island? Sometimes it's fun to enjoy the area in the evening hours.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

reedprincess:

 

Thank you so much for all this great information! I should have posted the times we will be in each port. On Pigeon Island we will actually be there overnight plus the following day for our beach picnic. We have been to Pigeon Island for a beach picnic so if we miss part of that it's OK. 

 

What I'm also trying to figure out is which port is best to do the zip line from. I didn't realize there were 3 of them and the 2 I mentioned seem, on paper, a lot alike. I like lots of zip lines but also a shorter commute would be nice. I don't really know what all we plan to do on St Lucia besides the zip lining. 

 

I would like to sail on a catamaran by the Pitons but am limited in walking too long and far due to recent foot surgery.

 

One other question if you don't mind...do you have any suggestions for dinner out while we are at Pigeon Island? Sometimes it's fun to enjoy the area in the evening hours.

 

Thank you!

If zip line is a must and shortest drive is the main criteria,  you're best bet is going to be Rainforest Adventures from Castries 

No need to do a catamaran tour to the Pitons, you'll be docked right there, and sailing very close to them when in and out of Soufriere. Soufriere is essentially at the base of Petit Piton. Can't miss them.  Visit some of the local sites while there, such as a morning with Tet Paul trail, then volcano and mud baths and follow up by a dip in the waterfall, then local lunch and beach time. Makes for a great day. 

 

Dinner up north - depends on your tastes, budget and what you're after. Cab into Rodney Bay for a wealth of options from casual local beach fare like Spinnaker's or Seagrapes to local eats like KeeBee's in a more bar type setting or more upscale local fusion like Matthews or Blue Olive, or steaks at big chef or tapas or Indian at Razmatazz or Spice of India or seafood at Buzz or great jazz and food at Q or upscale local fare at Kweyol Cabana, Japanese at Sugakagi, Fondue, Italian and so on.  There's tons of choices.

KeeBee's, Cocinurz, Verve, etc will have music, whether live or DJ and folks hanging out, enjoying, etc. There's casino also..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, reedprincess said:

There's actually three zip line courses in St Lucia. You missed St Lucia Hotwire at Morne Coubaril in Soufriere.

What appeals to you more - high lines, long lines, fast lines or scenery? 

And how long in each port do you have, as that makes a big difference on which one you could do 

From north to south:

 

Rainforest Adventures in Babonneau.  Fast lines, longest course. Through the rainforest. Aerial tram also. 30-40 minutes from Castries port.

 

Treetop Adventures in Dennery. 

Highest lines, fast lines, over the rainforest. Waterfall hike and swim also.

On east coast, about 50-60 minutes from Castries, 1.15-1.5 hours from Soufriere.

 

St Lucia Hotwire. 

Shortest and slowest lines. Through rainforest and views of Pitons. 10 minutes from pier in Soufriere. Morne Coubaril plantation with plantation tour, tree climbing, chocolate history, and wonderful lunch option.

 

So, depends how long you have in each stop, what appeals to you most, etc.  

 

All three are good fun and offer other options too.  

Enjoy. 

I went to Rainforest Adventures website, and they are currently running a special.  However, travel to and from port can be included for 4 ppl minimum at $80.  There are only 3 of us.  Is this the best/easiest and most economical way to get 3 ppl from Castries port to Rainforest Adv?  Through the ship it is almost double the cost, and we have 8 hours so there is time to do it on own own.  Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dntcruisintime said:

I went to Rainforest Adventures website, and they are currently running a special.  However, travel to and from port can be included for 4 ppl minimum at $80.  There are only 3 of us.  Is this the best/easiest and most economical way to get 3 ppl from Castries port to Rainforest Adv?  Through the ship it is almost double the cost, and we have 8 hours so there is time to do it on own own.  Thanks in advance!

A cab is going to run you $40-50usd one way for up to 4 persons. Likely easier and cheaper to just use their transport, then you don't have to haggle with a cab driver, have anyone waiting on you, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, reedprincess said:

There's actually three zip line courses in St Lucia. You missed St Lucia Hotwire at Morne Coubaril in Soufriere.

What appeals to you more - high lines, long lines, fast lines or scenery? 

And how long in each port do you have, as that makes a big difference on which one you could do 

From north to south:

 

Rainforest Adventures in Babonneau.  Fast lines, longest course. Through the rainforest. Aerial tram also. 30-40 minutes from Castries port.

 

Treetop Adventures in Dennery. 

Highest lines, fast lines, over the rainforest. Waterfall hike and swim also.

On east coast, about 50-60 minutes from Castries, 1.15-1.5 hours from Soufriere.

 

St Lucia Hotwire. 

Shortest and slowest lines. Through rainforest and views of Pitons. 10 minutes from pier in Soufriere. Morne Coubaril plantation with plantation tour, tree climbing, chocolate history, and wonderful lunch option.

 

So, depends how long you have in each stop, what appeals to you most, etc.  

 

All three are good fun and offer other options too.  

Enjoy. 

I went to Rainforest Adventures website, and they are currently running a special.  However, travel to and from port can be included for 4 ppl minimum at $80.  There are only 3 of us.  Is this the best/easiest and most economical way to get 3 ppl from Castries port to Rainforest Adv?  Through the ship it is almost double the cost, and we have 8 hours so there is time to do it on own own.  Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked Rainforest Adventures through TripAdvisor for June cruise.  They offer a package that includes transfers from/to the pier (leaving one hour after the ship is docked) and has an option that let's you make a reservation, but will not apply payment until two days before the date.  You still have to provide a payment method that only puts a $1 charge on the card at booking to ensure it is a valid card.  You can also cancel at any time with no penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jus to follow up...

 

We took our ships tour (Wind Surf) to the Rainforest Adventures. We were the first group there (a total of 5 of us) and got on the course right away. It was very peaceful. They have beautiful gardens you walk through before arriving at the beginning g if the course. The guides were excellent in helping everyone out; we had one with no zip line experience and they made her feel very comfortable. 

 

The best part of the entire adventure was our group was the only group out. As we were finishing up many other groups started showing up and the peacefulness of the jungle changed. 

 

A few notes:

They have several stops where they have water provided for you. There are several rope bridges to navigate but they aren’t as hard as some rope bridges we did in Costa Rica. They have small narrow boards you actually walk on vs walking on rope. The lengths you zip are not as long as the ones we have done in the past. They have lockers to rent to keep your stuff in (you give them a down payment and you get it back). They do have a small area to get food and drinks afterwards that had lots of hummingbirds around. Tipping our guides was a way to show our appreciation for all their hard work. 

 

We enjoyed our morning and recommend this zip line, especially to anyone that hasn’t experienced on before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...