Double LCV discount for booking onboard during October?

hiccups

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm not sure how general and planned this promotion is. I suspect that it's brought in when they need to boost onboard sales if there has been a lean period. And it might be very local. I have no certain knowledge of this, but just a guess. 

Phil 

That would be my guess, too, but eh, work will be slow next week, so I'll make the phone call.  Or actually, I guess I need to ask my TA to look into it.  If it's no,  as I'm fully expecting, it's okay,  as we got our original discount and the OBC.

Sometimes we test different offers onboard. They roll out on dates to coincide with the start of a ship’s voyage; and a test will expire on a specific date. 

Customer Service will be able to verify if you were eligible. 

Though in my opinion I’d be surprised if our onboard future cruise team overlooked a special booking promotion. They’re usually excited to share the news with Guests.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, BBMacLaird said:

Sometimes we test different offers onboard. They roll out on dates to coincide with the start of a ship’s voyage; and a test will expire on a specific date. 

Customer Service will be able to verify if you were eligible. 

Though in my opinion I’d be surprised if our onboard future cruise team overlooked a special booking promotion. They’re usually excited to share the news with Guests.

Yeah, I'm not going to call and ask for it and something tells me that it probably wouldn't apply to certain itineraries.  I didn't even like my price when I booked onboard, but Fernando gave good advice about booking at that price, locking in LCV, and waiting for price drops and/or moving it all the way out two more years.  I think that team is pretty savvy.  He even told me that if my current TA wasn't offering decent OBC, that I could dump him by signing a waiver and waiting a month to find one who could offer me the best deal.    These guys want to help you.  I was still bummed out about my price until the price drop came through about three weeks ago.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Skip said:

We’re currently on board Quest. Have been told that our on board booking would qualify for the double LCV discount OR the current up to 40% discount on selected voyages, not both however.  

Yes, I had a look at the Ts & Cs for the up to 40% sale and it clearly says it’s not available for onboard bookings.

The t&c’s state that’s it’s combinable with the normal onboard booking discount, but there’s no mention of the double LCV discount offer so that may contain different t&c’s stating it’s not combinable with other offers.

10. This promotion is only combinable with single supplements, back-to-back benefits where both cruises meet the terms of this promotion, onboard bookings savings, Le Club Voyage Quarterly savings, and Onboard Booking Savings providing that the above conditions are met and made onboard via our Future Cruise Consultants and, Open Bookings, where made via the call centre.

I’m trying to get a price to use a future cruise certificate but it seemed I could not have the advertised price, the platinum discount (single not double) and the LCV quarterly savings. I’ll look at it again after Christmas with our agent. 
It needs all these discounts for me to book it otherwise we will leave it. 

8 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, I had a look at the Ts & Cs for the up to 40% sale and it clearly says it’s not available for onboard bookings.

Apologies , maybe I wasn’t very clear.... we made an on board booking for a voyage with a 30% discount and also got our 7% LCV discount.  However due to the 30% starter, it was NOT eligible for the double LCV discount. 

On 12/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, Riocca said:

The t&c’s state that’s it’s combinable with the normal onboard booking discount, but there’s no mention of the double LCV discount offer so that may contain different t&c’s stating it’s not combinable with other offers.

10. This promotion is only combinable with single supplements, back-to-back benefits where both cruises meet the terms of this promotion, onboard bookings savings, Le Club Voyage Quarterly savings, and Onboard Booking Savings providing that the above conditions are met and made onboard via our Future Cruise Consultants and, Open Bookings, where made via the call centre.

You’re quite right - was looking at the Ts & Cs for the ‘Book with Confidence’ guarantee associated with the sale. It’s that that’s not available if you book onboard - presumably because onboard booking already give you the chance to change your booking once 

5. Onboard Bookings and Group bookings are not eligible to benefit from this offer.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

As usual, it is not at all clear.....and it seems that it differs depending on who is processing it.  Oh well, we were about to see if we could give Azamara some more business in 2020 but cannot be bothered knitting my way through this fog and be sure I get what I am entitled to - I had been expecting c20% off the advertised sale price, 10% as its one of the LCV specials and 10% for my future cruise cert.

43 minutes ago, uktog said:

As usual, it is not at all clear.....and it seems that it differs depending on who is processing it.  Oh well, we were about to see if we could give Azamara some more business in 2020 but cannot be bothered knitting my way through this fog and be sure I get what I am entitled to - I had been expecting c20% off the advertised sale price, 10% as its one of the LCV specials and 10% for my future cruise cert.

Too many special offers with conflicting t&c’s just causes confusion for customers, travel agents and sales staff would really appreciate sensible prices and straight forward loyalty benefits. Really can’t be bothered to look at any of the “offers” at the moment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riocca said:

. Really can’t be bothered to look at any of the “offers” at the moment.

Agree, that had been my approach.  Stupidly I did and it has just reignited frustrations so I will write myself a note to remind me to stay away.....