Your favorite Diamond lounge

10 hours ago, PIR8LUVR said:

Just off Brilliance and that was the worst of the Diamond Lounges we’ve been in. Freedom and Explorer were both great! 

Agree...prefer the CL to the DL on all the Radiance four sisters....but I have seen worse DLs.  

We like the D rooms on the Freedom and Quantum class because of the sea views and overflow areas.

That said the "evening event " on our last trans Atlantic on the Jewel (spring 2019)was so great and over the top.

We were in a suite and always went to the D event in the night club area instead of the rather dull C room.

We were legal at the D event as Diamond plus.  It was so fun, such a great spread and good service.

I am worried that the Empress three vouchers at a bar policy will spread.

We are on the Majesty out of New Orleans in Feb 2020 on a 7 night cruise.

I have been reading some rumors that there will not be a nightly event.

This is not a short cruise and there are four sea days so I don't get the thinking.

I don't mind sharing the CVL with others if that is the issue.  We share the other bars.

I think we average more than the three drinks in an evening with a carry out bottle of water and a couple of

wines in the MDR.  Just seems a little unfair compared to what other RCCL cruises serve.

Should at least be unlimited drinks at bars during Happy hours like Celebrity Elite program.

Just my two cents worth.

35 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We are on the Majesty out of New Orleans in Feb 2020 on a 7 night cruise.

I have been reading some rumors that there will not be a nightly event.

This is not a short cruise and there are four sea days so I don't get the thinking.

The nightly event is ending this week. Seems that 2020 is the year of changes.

• Like 1

Agree...prefer the CL to the DL on all the Radiance four sisters....but I have seen worse DLs.  
I do too. Now it seems as of Jan sailings we lowly D+ do not have access to the CL. Still stated on the T&C that D+ have access to a non existent benefit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

I do too. Now it seems as of Jan sailings we lowly D+ do not have access to the CL. Still stated on the T&C that D+ have access to a non existent benefit.

Oh dear, Thanks Frank.   Now I am even happier that I booked a GS for our next B2B on Radiance as a treat for Bucky turning the big milestone birthday in Alaska.  😉  I would indeed have missed that favorite CL on our favorite ship. 😞 

Edited by island lady

Oh dear, Thanks Frank.   Now I am even happier that I booked a GS for our next B2B on Radiance as a treat for Bucky turning the big milestone birthday in Alaska.  [emoji6]  I would indeed have missed that favorite CL on our favorite ship. [emoji20] 
Enjoy your b2b north and south in Alaska. It is a great cruise and so much different than Caribbean. I love falling asleep staring at the landscape floating by. It is great when at midnight there is so much light to see the great outdoors. As you know the scenery is incredible.

Have a happy new year.

15 hours ago, frank808 said:

Enjoy your b2b north and south in Alaska. It is a great cruise and so much different than Caribbean. I love falling asleep staring at the landscape floating by. It is great when at midnight there is so much light to see the great outdoors. As you know the scenery is incredible.

Have a happy new year.

Thanks Frank, and Happy New Year to both you and yours!  We have been lucky the last three times and have scored our favorite corner aft cabin #9256 with that oh so fantabulous view of both sides of the inland passageway both north and south.  But this time...gave it up to treat Bucky to a GS...we book the full suites every once in awhile and the GS is his favorite!  At least the view will be different on the separate legs.  😉 

And now...happy to know we don't have to give up going to the CL either.  🙂  Though we still had good times in the DL as well.  Had great views as we slid out of Skagway from there once.  I can't fault either lounge.  

Edited by island lady

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, davekathy said:

At minimum the C&A loads three drinks on your Sea Pass card for each evening. 

We’ve sailed empress and received 3 drink vouchers ( on our card) to be used at specific times, for specific drinks ( same as the DL  menu) and nothing more.    Of course we received the usual other offerings that are placed on the card. 

m

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, Biker19 said:

First, you need to worry if by that time the DLs will exist and that Ds are allowed in.

Will D's be excluded from the DL 24/7 or just during happy hours?

We will be diamond after our cruise next month. I like the quiet of the suite lounge. Wondering if we will be able to use the DL or if I will need to get suites.

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Will D's be excluded from the DL 24/7 or just during happy hours?

There's been no public announcement by the cruise line, so it's not been confirmed that there has been/will be a fleetwide policy change nor the details of any potential change.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

There's been no public announcement by the cruise line, so it's not been confirmed that there has been/will be a fleetwide policy change nor the details of any potential change.

Thanks. Maybe it will be sorted out by our 2021 cruise. But then again...

On 1/10/2020 at 2:45 PM, carolmacey said:

What happens if I am Diamond and hubby is not?

This makes me wonder:  What if my DH and I are Diamond but our two 20-something kids are not?  Can they be linked or is it only done for a spouse?

2 hours ago, FrannyK said:

This makes me wonder:  What if my DH and I are Diamond but our two 20-something kids are not?  Can they be linked or is it only done for a spouse?

Your children are out of luck.  They have to be under 18 to be linked to parents.