Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
shelnj18

solarium on Anthem

Last year we were on the Anthem. My husband and I don't remember whether or not there was an enclosed solarium where they had hot tubs and possibly a pool. Can anyone refresh our memory? Thanks.

51 minutes ago, shelnj18 said:

Last year we were on the Anthem. My husband and I don't remember whether or not there was an enclosed solarium where they had hot tubs and possibly a pool. Can anyone refresh our memory? Thanks.

Yes, a very nice solarium.

Anthem has a regular inside pool aside from the solarium,so it’s always adults only. Don’t forget to try the Solarium Bistro. The best kept secret on board!

Anthem Solarium Pool

bm5zNfq.jpg

The pool is not a lap pool, it's a multilevel "sitting" pool. 

nx7jX73.jpg

There are hot tubs on the port side port and another set on starboard.

rFCU1lj.jpg

Anthem's Solarium is one of the nicest in the fleet in my opinion.

eeeSZ7W.jpg

In addition to the Solarium there is an indoor pool that is open to families.  With this indoor pool area there is no justification for kids being in the adult only Solarium.

ghBHCru.jpg

Solarium Bistro is a wonderful option for breakfast and lunch. We used it often a few weeks ago. Our room on deck 13 was close to the door that led to the Solarium so no steps or elevator. Try it especially on a port day. 

On 12/19/2019 at 1:24 AM, John&LaLa said:

Depending on weather,  it may not be adults only during some hours, is my understanding

Have sailed Anthem in the winter many times and have never seen kids allowed in the Solarium.  There is an indoor family pool that kids have access to, so no need for access to the Solarium.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have sailed Anthem in the winter many times and have never seen kids allowed in the Solarium.  There is an indoor family pool that kids have access to, so no need for access to the Solarium.

The cruise from hell where indoor pool ceiling broke. 😉

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The cruise from hell where indoor pool ceiling broke. 😉

Ok, but thankfully that doesn't happen on a regular basis... or shouldn't!

Just got off the Anthem today after a 12 night southern carrib sailing. Good lick trying to find a lounger after 7:00am! They post their 30 min rule in Solarium and in the daily compass but nobody enforces it. 

Anthem Solarium "hack": If you go to the very front of deck 13, there is an unmarked door that leads down a hallway which comes out on in the lower area of the solarium.

1 hour ago, turtle1947 said:

Just got off the Anthem today after a 12 night southern carrib sailing. Good lick trying to find a lounger after 7:00am! They post their 30 min rule in Solarium and in the daily compass but nobody enforces it. 

That was the same situation on our sailing at the end of November. Only once during our cruise were my husband and I able to find two chairs together and not have to share or just sit at the bar.  Beautiful venue, yes, but very very crowded like any other pool area.

We enjoyed the Solarium and on our sailing never had too much difficulty finding a spot to lounge. Isn't the age limit 16 to use it? I don't consider that adult only.

We'll be on Anthem in May 2021 for our Norway Fjords cruise and I'm looking forward to those Solarium hot tubs!  Thanks for posting the photos!

Just got off Anthem today.   On port days the Solarium is pretty empty and peaceful.  No kids on any of our ten sailings in thenSolarium, except for the Bistro.  Day 11 it was pretty crowded and we did not go on the last day.