Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SSMcruises

GSC added to some Encore itineraries

Recommended Posts

Great StirUp Cay has been added to some Encore sailings, which would have been great if it was added to our Feb 9th one AND if it was anywhere likely to actually stop there.   We missed it two years ago on the Escape and ended up in Nassau instead.  

 

Thr salings before and after ours seems to have it.  Plus a number of other sailings through the spring.  Interesting how NCL changes these things without any fanfare or information.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SSMcruises said:

Great StirUp Cay has been added to some Encore sailings, which would have been great if it was added to our Feb 9th one AND if it was anywhere likely to actually stop there.   We missed it two years ago on the Escape and ended up in Nassau instead.  

 

Thr salings before and after ours seems to have it.  Plus a number of other sailings through the spring.  Interesting how NCL changes these things without any fanfare or information.  

Yep. It was added to my 1/19/2020 sailing.

Does anyone know if the cabana pricing is per person or per cabana? On rccl it was per cabana in Labadee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.  Its being added to the eastern Caribbean schedules?  How many sailings has it been added. I just checked mine for Feb 23 and nothing added.  I would gladly swap Puerto Rico 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Interesting.  Its being added to the eastern Caribbean schedules?  How many sailings has it been added. I just checked mine for Feb 23 and nothing added.  I would gladly swap Puerto Rico 🙂

It's day 7 on the Encore. Last sea day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

It's day 7 on the Encore. Last sea day. 

That would be neat.  Maybe further dates will be announced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Added to our March 1st cruise as well.

How did you find out?  Nothing updated on the NCL website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Yep. It was added to my 1/19/2020 sailing.

Does anyone know if the cabana pricing is per person or per cabana? On rccl it was per cabana in Labadee.

 Cabana prices are per cabana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

How did you find out?  Nothing updated on the NCL website.

i see it on the NCL website now:

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/7-day-eastern-caribbean-from-miami-ENCORE7MIASJUSTTTOVNPIMIA?numberOfGuests=4294953449&ships=4294949840&state=null&sailmonths=4294940526&itineraryCode=ENCORE7MIASJUSTTTOVNPIMIA

 

image.png.6c5ea3fa40961f77d65462f8d3359dc0.png

This looks a very good itinerary, kind of surprised they removed the sea day and added GSC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Interesting.  I believe you (ha ha) but when I go to the NCL site and look up this specific cruise it still has the last day as a sea day.  Strange!  I emailed my PCC about it.  SO you found out by looking at the site?  NCL did not email you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Called about a cabana rental for our January cruise and was told that there are no small cabanas available due to the beach expansion construction project.  There will be large cabanas available, but associate told me to Check on line or call daily to check when they will be released for rental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Interesting.  I believe you (ha ha) but when I go to the NCL site and look up this specific cruise it still has the last day as a sea day.  Strange!  I emailed my PCC about it.  SO you found out by looking at the site?  NCL did not email you?

from browsing around on the NCL site, it seems to be only one select sailings. seems very random 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread fascinates me because on my home computer and my work computer do not show GSC on any Encore Feb or March 2020 sailings (Even the ones someone has cut and paste on this thread).  When I go to NCL.com and look at that cruise, GSC is not there.

I emailed my PCC who has worked for NCL for almost 20 years and she told me she has not heard anything about this (and she sells cruises every day).  However she did say that if they make the change, I will be notified.  I am curious how some see different results on the NCL site. 
Has anyone received an email from their TA or NCL telling them of this change?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope its true but does not anyone think its odd that NCL would not announce it via email or TA to passengers first?  Also, I wish I could explain how when I log into NCL I see something different than other people.

I guess we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I logged in to My NCL and GSC is now showing on day 7 of our January 26 Encore.   It is not on our April 5th sailing.....yet???

 

So strange they are adding at this late date.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got an email from NCL for our Jan 26th cruise.     In addition to adding GSC, they have changed our Tortola visit to shorten the day.   We love Tortola so not happy with a shorter day there  😒

 

Original
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA   4:00 pm  
Mon AT SEA      
Tue SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 5:30 pm 11:59 pm  
Wed ST. THOMAS, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS 8:00 am 6:00 pm  
Thu TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS 8:00 am 5:00 pm  
Fri AT SEA      
Sat At Sea      
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA 7:00 am    
Revised
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA   4:00 pm  
Mon AT SEA      
Tue SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 5:30 pm 11:59 pm  
Wed ST. THOMAS, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS 8:00 am 6:00 pm  
Thu TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS 6:00 am 2:00 pm  
Fri AT SEA      
Sat GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS 10:00 am 6:00 pm  
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We got an email from NCL for our Jan 26th cruise.     In addition to adding GSC, they have changed our Tortola visit to shorten the day.   We love Tortola so not happy with a shorter day there  😒

 

Original
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA   4:00 pm  
Mon AT SEA      
Tue SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 5:30 pm 11:59 pm  
Wed ST. THOMAS, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS 8:00 am 6:00 pm  
Thu TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS 8:00 am 5:00 pm  
Fri AT SEA      
Sat At Sea      
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA 7:00 am    
Revised
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA   4:00 pm  
Mon AT SEA      
Tue SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 5:30 pm 11:59 pm  
Wed ST. THOMAS, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS 8:00 am 6:00 pm  
Thu TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS 6:00 am 2:00 pm  
Fri AT SEA      
Sat GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS 10:00 am 6:00 pm  
Sun MIAMI, FLORIDA

Makes me wonder if I'll see an email soon chnging our 2/9 itinerary as well since it is the same as yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, prbffd28 said:

Makes me wonder if I'll see an email soon chnging our 2/9 itinerary as well since it is the same as yours?

No changes to our Tortola itinerary and we sail on Jan. 19. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dshefter said:

No changes to our Tortola itinerary and we sail on Jan. 19. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Our itinerary was changed too. I received an email several hours ago. Hope it doesn't mess with JVD excursion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Our itinerary was changed too. I received an email several hours ago. Hope it doesn't mess with JVD excursion. 

Total BS from NCL if this is true. I understand sometimes get changed due to weather, but this is just an attempt by NCL to spend more time at its own island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Our itinerary was changed too. I received an email several hours ago. Hope it doesn't mess with JVD excursion. 

And no email from NCL regarding any changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...