Two Carnival ships collide!

julia

3 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

As of two minutes ago, the Glory is still moored.   Not sure where you saw that she was underway, but marinetraffic is usually correct.

Doesn't matter....if she does sail, hopefully someone other than Carnival will approve moving the ship with passengers.

Someone that's on the Oasis posted a video from their balcony as the Glory was sailing past them that looks like they are leaving the port. Looks like the Glory was leaving to me (?).  If I'm wrong based on the video, I stand corrected. 

4 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

post 47   Here's one of the pictures showing the Glory docking with the damage.

Did you view the video in #62? It looks like the Glory is moving out, at least to me. If I'm mistaken, I stand corrected. Don't want to pass along false info. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Did you view the video in #62? It looks like the Glory is moving out, at least to me. If I'm mistaken, I stand corrected. Don't want to pass along false info. 

Yes.  Here's what happened.  The Glory was trying to dock and realized they had a problem and aborted the docking.  During the abort maneuver the Glory hit the Legend and passed by the Oasis.  The Glory then came back and made a second attempt at docking.  The Glory is currently docked in Cozumel.

21 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Yes.  Here's what happened.  The Glory was trying to dock and realized they had a problem and aborted the docking.  During the abort maneuver the Glory hit the Legend and passed by the Oasis.  The Glory then came back and made a second attempt at docking.  The Glory is currently docked in Cozumel.

Got it, assumption on my part (red face). Thank you for the clarification. Makes sense as to why a ship would be leavening without an inspection to ensure the ship is seaworthy. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

was any Celebrity ship involved?  Why is this on the Celebrity board?

Why not?  It's always interesting to see how interesting & different the discussions can be on different forums, from different points of view!  Some folks never go to forums for cruise lines they don't sail … and you never know what you might learn from an incident like this.  

Just as I posted this, the thread was moved to the Carnival forum.  I think that's a real shame that we can't talk about it on the Celebrity forum, or whatever forum anyone likes to visit. 

Edited by Lady Chew
  • Like 3