carnival collision

Fun and games on the Carnival forum.

Popcorn time.

Please do not immediately start to blame the Captain, crew and pilot for this accident, not even if you hold your STCW 2 🙄

Not the place, not the time, not the audience.

21 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

It looks like the damage is to the ship's aft dining room. I wonder if anyone was in the dining room when the collision occurred. If so, this certainly would have been an exciting breakfast. 

Chuck

Reports state that some of the passengers who were injured were injured during the evacuation of the dining room. Still stating all injuries are minor.

13 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I can’t believe they’re saying the ships will continue their voyages.

I think they say that until they know for sure. Seeing how open that corner of the ship is, I find it hard to imagine how they can make it weather-proof. The ship is seaworthy, but can they keep the interior of the dining room dry?

23 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico - not an easy place to get in and out from. No protection from the elements whatsoever

That is true, but Carnival's history of hitting other ships is quite alarming.  I know of at least 4 incidents, twice in Cozumel, where Carnival ships ran in to a docked ship.  The others I can remember were in Key West and Puerto Vallarta.  

On 12/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, Despegue said:

Please do not immediately start to blame the Captain, crew and pilot for this accident, not even if you hold your STCW 2 🙄

Not the place, not the time, not the audience.

I believe, since the ship was coming into port, it was under the control of the Harbor Pilot, not the Captain or Crew.

9 minutes ago, Tom O. said:

I believe, since the ship was coming into port, it was under the control of the Harbor Pilot, not the Captain or Crew.

Doesn't work that way; the captain has ultimate responsibility and is always on the bridge next to (or behind) the pilot when entering or leaving a port