READY-TO-GO - LIVE  REPORTS FROM CRYSTAL SERENITY FOLLOWING A “MAGICAL FAMILY” GETAWAY

WELCOME TO LAUTOKA, FIJI

Thank you  Mary, Bob & Jeannie,  Cybercsp, CruiserFromMaine, jimbri, Nancy, Sandi, Jonathan, and goblue,

One correction the correct spelling for our granddaughters new name is Savannah.  Mother and Daughter In Law and Son are doing great.  We are  fortunate to live at at time although thousands of miles away  we  felt very connected and up to date due to video technology.  

Let's start  with today.  Happy Valentine's Day to everyone although I realize we  are  a  day ahead of  many  people.  

73390799_10156829921003348_2536831066266664960_N.jpeg.4b69c6bfe8a3f946823de70b72049a1e.jpeg

A good description for yesterday was HOT, HOT, HOT ----  HEAT, HEAT, HEAT -------- HUMID, HUMID, HUMID

It was all of these as I learned playing Paddle Tennis outside and returning to a room with an underarmour shirt which did its job.  It's only it accumulated enough liquid to fill up a bathtub.

This is our fifth visit to the island.  In earlier visits we did tour the island and that is the way to see it.  For those who like the beach this a a nice option as is going to a resort.  The nearby town will not give you a good feel for the island.  It's just a small town with the highlight being the market.  

IMG_3117.thumb.jpeg.b7fe81943e0e10cd73a0bae00d69066a.jpeg

On my Blog I cover the Island and the nearby town and included a  few photos.

Moving to last evening we had a nice time on the ship.  Waterside was not too busy.  In fact, the ship didn't seem to busy because before dinner the Crystal Cove was on the quieter side  as well.   

An appetizer which we had once  before and  loved was this Mushroom Tart.  Very tasty  and nice presentation.  

IMG_9067.thumb.jpeg.79ea7fc5e460c63e323f3a8ef3761a98.jpeg

Even the Salmon had a nice presentation.

1407547221_IMG_90712.thumb.jpeg.a8bae247dc33d8fed2e38313604a3c63.jpeg

After dinner we attended the Crystal Society Party and this one was on the quiet side.

We have a second day in  Fiji  as the original schedule had  us calling here today.

Cheers,

Keith

10 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you for sharing the beautiful decorations for Valentine's Day and White Extravaganza Night.  How long does it take the crew to put those decorations up and take down? Lovely sunrise photo. 

We watched them put them up last night - around 2-3 hours but all the balloons were already blown up and mounted as long groups - so that doesn’t take into account that time

There is nothing random about these decorations - everything is planned and has a place to go - even down to hanging decorations in the bar area 

1 minute ago, Stickman1990 said:

We watched them put them up last night - around 2-3 hours but all the balloons were already blown up and mounted as long groups - so that doesn’t take into account that time

There is nothing random about these decorations - everything is planned and has a place to go - even down to hanging decorations in the bar area 

Must have been enjoyable to watch the decorations being assembled to a set design. 

18 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you for sharing the beautiful decorations for Valentine's Day and White Extravaganza Night.  How long does it take the crew to put those decorations up and take down? Lovely sunrise photo. 

Glad you enjoyed the photos and got the answers from Stickman.

It is always amazing whether it is a White Extravaganza Night or New Years, World Cruise Kickoff how if you are not up so late and wake up everything is up.  Equally impressive is how quickly things are cleaned up and put away after these events.  It's a team effort.  

Here's  one I took a couple of hours later when the flowers and the cake went out on the table in front of the Waterside Entrance.

1221214354_IMG_90862.thumb.jpeg.58ec783908d7450cc5352c95cbc21a06.jpeg

Keith

Thank  you MMDownunder, Mchell810. BeachTunes, and Jonathan.

Jonathan, I have to tell you that given the number of missed ports we have been fortunate to have kept a good supply of  salads, vegetables and fruits and also flowers.   

Since arriving in Miami I would say  that all  three segments have had great produce. Some of this has  to do with getting replenished in Miami and Los Angeles  but so far so good for this third segment.

It  is Saturday February 15th early morning here.  Happy  Valentine's  Day to those  of you celebrating today (14th for you)  

It was  a terrific Valentine's Day on Serenity between the decorations and the events for the holiday.

I believe yesterday was the first time  they had a pre-dinner Valentine's Day Party followed later in the evening with  the  Red & White Extravaganza  which allowed Valentine's Day to piggyback with the White Extravaganza.  A fun time.

The ladies received flowers  last evening (long stemmed rose) at the dining venues adding to the day.

I don't often stay up to attend the White Extravaganza event but was up for it.  Actually yesterday and this morning  I covered 21.5 hours on my own of being up.  I am sure I will pay the price  this evening.  😀

Some photos  and  a short video from last evening.  We tried to keep to the Red and White Theme although I guess  I had  Red White & Blue.  

Cheers,

Keith

IMG_9097.thumb.jpeg.adea9d0af75bf7c6b9324e09517c664f.jpeg

IMG_9096.thumb.jpeg.7c5ffa8d2fcc4f5a1d0593e797e6507e.jpeg

IMG_9090.thumb.jpeg.79386438807132deed50c350cdef006a.jpeg

IMG_9088.thumb.jpeg.f8e8a1ad15f8cf7a5066bdaa59d682a2.jpeg

IMG_9102.thumb.jpeg.5c3096fd23df7847e04f3383247b1db1.jpeg

ON THE WAY  TO BAY OF ISLANDS

Today is the second of two sea days as we sail to the Bay Of Islands.

A good description of yesterday was windy.  It was windy and challenging if you went outside.  Somehow I played Paddle Tennis in the morning and afternoon.  The good news is anytime any of us made a mistake on the court we could blame the winds.  😀

There is always a first time.  Before dinner last night Anne Marie and I sat at the Silk Bar.  We've never done this on Serenity.  It is not very large and two chairs at the bar.  However, a great spot to see others.  Several guests stopped by the bar to pick up a drink.  The bar takes care of Silk , the pool area and Marketplace.  It can be very busy.

Every two segments they are revising the Silk Menu for the World Cruise so we got to try the revised menu.

SilkFeb15.thumb.jpg.364e1447cda9b864c4ab6a1373cfb88e.jpg

SilkFeb152.thumb.jpg.66d0ab899d18945c2d40f1b05151138b.jpg

We try to dine at Silk one time per segment which works well for us.  

The revised menu featured a couple of new spicy dishes including a salad and a chicken entree.  I tried both of them along with several other items.  

Photos follow.

Cheers,

Keith

IMG_9115.thumb.jpeg.bdb4e7f2bc151f069e5b0ce995ccf12b.jpeg

IMG_9121.thumb.jpeg.7f6329ef28f144e35ce6bfb0065fd6e9.jpeg

IMG_9120.thumb.jpeg.f8a30216c8ef098748f64b6a87fa638b.jpeg

IMG_9118.thumb.jpeg.37d604766ac30bb86430fde2263decd5.jpeg

IMG_9116.thumb.jpeg.7445f74caa70cf13452c3c2b9857a687.jpeg

IMG_9117.thumb.jpeg.234302018b587162c79963011160de33.jpeg

IMG_9119.thumb.jpeg.b8024aef751f9cba8d682cd46c0232e5.jpeg

Thanks for the info and the pictures. This will be our first Crystal cruise. Will be boarding in Sydney so sad that we will miss you. What are the must things to do and do you have to pre book the dinners at the restaurants? 

Thank you David, CruiseFromMaine and rmz89.

rem89 so sorry we will miss you.

I highly recommend if you have not done so already to pre-book via PCPC reservations (one each) at Prego, Umi Uma and Silk.  Once on board should you wish to visit these again you should make reservations.  I recommend visiting the restaurants early in your cruise so if you like more than one you can try it again.  It probably is too late to book the Supper Club which is held on the first and last Black Tie Optional night but you can check availability via PCPC.

Hopefully  you have checked out my latest update on the sticky on this board which is for first time Crystal Cruisers.

There will be a magician on your voyage.  On the first day of the cruise try to stop by the library to sign up to see the magician.

Keith