Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Name Taken

Rotterdam Outlet Question

Hello,

We will be in a Vista Suite (Number 6168) on the Rotterdam in September 2020.  We have a question about outlets........  Are there outlets near the bed - for using a cpap machine?   We were in an interior room on this ship in November 2018, and there were no outlets near the bed.

I appreciate any help that you could provide!

Happy Holidays!

Phil

None in an ocean view as of April 2019.  The desk only had one outlet, as the other had been converted to a couple usb ports.  The big round outlet for the hair dryer was still there (at the desk), and that was it.

Sue/WDW1972

We will be on the Rotterdam just after you on Oct 3 to Ft. Lauderdale.

I also use a CPAP machine.  There are 2 outlets at the desk, none at the bed except for 5 volt USB charging.

Most all electronic devices made in the last 20 years are happy to work from 120 volt or 220 volt outlets.   I bring an European round prong to US flat blade adapter (around $5 on Amazon) and a 12 ft single extension cord.  The extension cord must not have a surge protector built-in.   It will be confiscated upon boarding due to a fire hazard.  Regular, straight extension cords are OK.  

I plug my outlet adapter into the 220 volt plug, and use the 220 volt outlet for my CPAP machine and the 120 volt one for my laptop.   Don't bring a hairdryer, HAL provides a 220 volt one that is very good.

Haven't been on the Rotterdam, but am getting used to the outlet situation after dealing with it on three previous cruises on other HA ships.  In each instance, all I had to do was ask either the desk or the cabin attendant for an extension cord.  I have the same CPAP challenge as  you.  By the way, you can also order distilled water from the desk.  It'll be a gallon bottle, with a charge, of course.

10 hours ago, mammy123 said:

We bring some duct tape to tape down the cord so no one can trip on it.  

If they bring an extension cord, most cabin stewards will automatically apply duct tape. They are very good in guessing wishes.

I find masking tape is a lot easier to remove than duct tape when packing up that last morning. 

Thanks everyone!  We appreciate your help!

Meg has a 'travel c-pap' which is a lot smaller, has a rechargeable battery & does not need water.  She likes the standard plug-in one (with a water reservoir) better........ especially as this is a very long cruise.  We are on board until Ft. Lauderdale (Sept 19 - Nov 1)....... and that means that we will get to meet TAD2005 😀!

Thanks again & seasons greetings!   

Phil

7 hours ago, Name Taken said:

Thanks everyone!  We appreciate your help!

Meg has a 'travel c-pap' which is a lot smaller, has a rechargeable battery & does not need water.  She likes the standard plug-in one (with a water reservoir) better........ especially as this is a very long cruise.  We are on board until Ft. Lauderdale (Sept 19 - Nov 1)....... and that means that we will get to meet TAD2005 😀!

Thanks again & seasons greetings!   

Phil

Hi Phil and Meg.   We have a guarantee Vista Suite, so we don't know our cabin # yet.   

I always roll up the extension cord every morning so they can vacuum the carpet with no problems.  I also remove the mask and hose from the CPAP because it is so close to the bed, I am afraid that in the bed-making process, the cabin steward might damage the mask or hose.  

I go through about 1 gallon of distilled every 2 weeks, so I will order 2 jugs from the website at $2.95 each.