X serves up another change to Free In Stateroom Movies

Nymich

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

Once again a suggestion that YOU the customer do something to replace something taken away by the company.

Like bringing a beach ball for a footstool on the balcony.

Well to me it seems like like you have 4 choices

1. Pay the price
  2. Adjust to the situation and find an alternative way to remedy the situation
  3. Choose another cruise line
  4. Post a complaint on Cruise Critic and continue to support the cruise line by booking with them.

My experience is that most who come here to complain about change just keep feeding the cruise line with more bookings.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

1. Pay the price
  4. Post a complaint on Cruise Critic and continue to support the cruise line by booking with them.

My experience is that most who come here to complain about change just keep feeding the cruise line with more bookings.

Option 5 

Book =X= only when you get a deal (max $300 per day total for 2 in balcony)  Take full advantage of Elite+ perks. Only do specialty restaurants at 2 for 1. Don't do stupid things like blowing up a beach ball for a foot rest. 

Done all the above multiple times. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

1. Pay the price

Agree.  Tho I hope they bring the movies back so people will stay in and not make the bars lounges shows so crowded. Personally I never knew they had free movies until the last thread about this a few months ago been on about 14 cruises now with celebrity I don’t watch tv and tv is only in the house because it was a gift.  Understand the point if you get sick with needing a diversion for many. 

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

.  I really, really dislike how Celebrity is running the company since the current CEO took over.

I agree 100%....But they get away with it because people put up with it thinking they are getting the same product they have in the past….they are not.

We do have 2 cruises booked with X where we got particularly good deals on itineraries we wanted to do, but we also have 3 with Princess.  5 years ago I would have said that would never happen.….but loyalty means nothing to X, so why should it mean anything to me?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kimberlydrzymala said:

We just got off the Equinox yesterday and this was the policy on that ship. Two free movies - seems they cannot make up their minds.

Thank You for confirming another ship.

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

Option 5 

Book =X= only when you get a deal (max $300 per day total for 2 in balcony)  Take full advantage of Elite+ perks. Only do specialty restaurants at 2 for 1. Don't do stupid things like blowing up a beach ball for a foot rest. 

Done all the above multiple times. 

Well said and if it is a tough choice of lines go elsewhere as we will be going 3 times...….and counting next year.

Guess we aren't the "most that complain" category.

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

We've just got off Millennium and there were about 12 free movies available, listed under a specific 'free' category.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency here...

Not sure what date you got off the ship but X likes to do their cuts unannounced so it may be very recent.  So far only Infinity and Equinox have reported the cut and by people who just got off the ship.  

1 minute ago, Nymich said:

Not sure what date you got off the ship but X likes to do their cuts unannounced so it may be very recent.  So far only Infinity and Equinox have reported the cut and by people who just got off the ship.  

We left the ship yesterday after 14 days onboard.

Yep, we all have the choice to move on if the product no longer has value to us. We have a good amount of future cruise credit to use within the next couple of years so won’t be throwing that away but I think we may move on to another line after that, maybe hold on for a deal with an upmarket line if possible. There is plenty of choice in the cruise market and we are not loyal to only one brand but rather individual cruises that meet our fit at that point in time.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wondering if you actually clicked on the movies that appeared to be Pay per View.   We were on Edge in October for a B2B and found that they have about 20-30 free movies.   They appear to be pay per view but when you select it and go to the pay screen they say Free.   

Here are a couple screen shots.  If you look at top line it says General Free. 

You go to the Confirm and it says free.  

55575F34-4E94-4768-A0AF-593EFA7AD7DB.thumb.jpeg.8bef87215b02681cded1708560007be5.jpeg

F12561F0-8BC6-4A3D-B6ED-D05A6EEAC373.thumb.jpeg.012d3e0287c08cf8804f08697e50dca7.jpeg

We sailed on EDGE   Nov 15 and found a limited variety of free movies you could play and pause....similar to some that were available on SW airline flights. Enough variety for a night or two.,.and  some for kids too!  No idea what we'll find on our next cruise on Summit???

Have not heard from the Summit but my guess would be similar to the Today pic I posted earlier in the thread with little to nothing for kids.  On Infinity they had one kid movie.  Of course you watch on X's schedule so don't miss it 🙂

To paraphrase the great philosopher, Forest Gump; " X is like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you’re gonna get."

Although I don't watch free or pay movies on a cruise (yet) this sucks and $15 bucks of a movie is 😱

For that price Debbie would have to do Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Dayton, Durham, Des Moines and Dawson City!  

😊

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

For that price Debbie would have to do Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Dayton, Durham, Des Moines and Dawson City!  

😊

Well......at least you lived up to your screen name.    🙂

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Well......at least you lived up to your screen name.    🙂

Very true.... I am an animal lover and in the original, apparently that poor young lady had to search all throughout  Dallas for her lost puppy.😢

But $15 bucks for Disney film???

☺️

Edited by DirtyDawg

This is unfortunate.   What was the email address we bombarded again.  I will send another email and I suggest everyone do the same.

given they reversed the beverage surcharge for the perks and have reversed the movie charges, I feel this can be won as well.  Albeit it gets exhausting constantly having to email them for their questionable decisions. 

54 minutes ago, rimmit said:

This is unfortunate.   What was the email address we bombarded again.  I will send another email and I suggest everyone do the same.

given they reversed the beverage surcharge for the perks and have reversed the movie charges, I feel this can be won as well.  Albeit it gets exhausting constantly having to email them for their questionable decisions. 

celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Fire away I sent mine already.  May not do any good but it let's them know we are watching and yes silly cuts like this do impact even the most loyal and leads us to spend elsewhere.  I know we booked away from X a French Polynesian trip and have others booked in the next year.  The person who posted that most people just complain and rebook is not realizing the revenue loss by "the few" of us on trips such as these will only increase fares on those who stay loyal.

WE DO!!!!!!!!!

After 149 cruises ,we drink coffee and watch movies and  dont leave the room till noon ----watch 3-4 a day---

Its called RELAXING!!

BTW how many cruises have you done?

1-2???

What a stupid comment

Edited by fb0075
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nymich said:

Interesting...….perhaps their cut date started yesterday or later this month ...….someone will let us know.....

Millennium class have a different, older set of A/V equipment than Solstice class. Probably takes a bit longer to roll out the changes on those ships.

It was only 3 months ago when Celebrity announced:

"After careful consideration of guest feedback and from our friends on the Cruise Critic forums, we have decided to reinstate the complimentary in-stateroom entertainment. We will continue to offer a wide selection of the new releases and iconic films in our theaters, outdoor screens and in the guest staterooms using the On-Demand TV system.""

So have they carelessly considered guest feedback now for this latest change?