Cruise Critic Community
Love_to_cruise83

Just Booked an Excel Aft Suite

Hello!  I hope everyone is well.

Does anyone know what the capacity of Carnival AFT Excel suites is on the Mardi Gras ?  I just booked my wife and I and if our children can manage to correct the behavior over the next 2 1/2 years I might add them to the cruise.  However, I've read some people saying that these rooms are only designed for 2 people, but others have disagreed.  Does anyone know? 

Thank you!

Depending upon the Deck and Stateroom you selected, the Excel Aft Suites can hold 2, 3, 4, or 5 passengers.  The easiest way to tell is to go to the CCL web site, select the Mardi Gras and then go to her deck plans.  Once there, select the respective deck(s) the Excel Aft Suites are located on and then select the particular room you are wanting to look at.  You will get a listing of the maximum amount of passengers that particular stateroom will hold, along with a variety of other information regarding the stateroom amenities, etc.  Hope this helps, Enjoy!

11 hours ago, Love_to_cruise83 said:

Does anyone know what the capacity of Carnival AFT Excel suites is on the Mardi Gras ?  I just booked my wife and I and if our children can manage to correct the behavior over the next 2 1/2 years I might add them to the cruise.  However, I've read some people saying that these rooms are only designed for 2 people, but others have disagreed.  Does anyone know? 

Thank you!

They have both. We are in a two person one in November if the ship shows up for our cruise and there are also ones available for 4 people.  The Living room area is where the other two are put. 

21 hours ago, Love_to_cruise83 said:

Thank you!

Here is the breakout (according to the current Deck Plans for the Mardi Gras) for the maximum number of passengers that can be booked into a given AFT Excel Suite by stateroom:

9501: 5

9504: 3

10495: 3

10492: 2

11501: 3

11506: 2

12503: 4

12502: 2

14517: 2

14498: 5

15495: 2

15478: 2

I’ve done excel suite mock bookings for a family of 4. There’s not that many of them that will hold 4. Some dates show no availability even though they are more than a year out. Keep in mind that if you book yourself in a suite for 2 and then decide to bring the kids along, there’s a big chance that the excel suites for 4 will be taken by then. Being a new type of accommodation on Carnival, they seem to be in high demand. 

6 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I’ve done excel suite mock bookings for a family of 4. There’s not that many of them that will hold 4. Some dates show no availability even though they are more than a year out. Keep in mind that if you book yourself in a suite for 2 and then decide to bring the kids along, there’s a big chance that the excel suites for 4 will be taken by then. Being a new type of accommodation on Carnival, they seem to be in high demand. 

They certainly are