Live from the Sky Christmas/New Yrs

h-sar

I think your cruise that had the Captain Circle Party in the Princess Theater was a one time thing for whatever reason.  All of our cruises have had them in either Vista Lounge or Club Fusion with drinks and hors d'oerves passed around so that way of doing it never went away. 

Dinner last night.

Was not as enamoured with the twice baked goat cheese soufflé as I have been in the past. It was quite oily this time and a little bit on the two salty side. And one thing you have to know about me, I really love my salt. Missed getting a pic of it. 

Kids had the tenderloin which they said was very good. DH had the chicken from the favourites side and really enjoyed it. I had the trout - yummy! We shared the very small charcuterie plate - very good. Also pictured is the ceviche and fettuccine Alfredo with extra sauce. The salted caramel creme de pot by Curtis Stone was pretty good.  

F79B86D5-F372-4CFE-8788-BCCD3CCF67E5.jpeg

96B281A8-17FA-4CE0-AF18-514D8ADD5155.jpeg

26EAD92A-4D62-4B10-B4F3-29BE28D6E07F.jpeg

0724679C-7B9D-45B7-A864-E927038B2494.jpeg

EA0EA94C-C793-4F8B-B773-D1241BEC36D8.jpeg

4CA415C1-F307-43ED-8C81-21A763CA7B98.jpeg

AC21FF37-E72A-4E50-B485-EC7234E7B63F.jpeg

Just now, kywildcatfanone said:

My biggest regret not eating in the DR are the Fettuccine Alfredo and the chilled appetizer drinks.

DD Shared her fettucine with extra sauce with the rest of us and it was pretty divine. Forgot to ask if they would do a Parmesan basket on request. I’ll try to remember tonight.

Just had the most exquisitely blissful 50 minute Swedish relaxation massage up in the sanctuary. The kids surprised me with it yesterday as a belated birthday present. When they booked, the only availability was in the sanctuary in one of the cabanas tucked off in the back corner on the opposite side of the entrance.

This morning, they called to see if I wanted to switch it to the spa level on 5 as they had a cancellation. No way! And I’m glad I did not take them up on their offer. Can’t tell you how blissful it was to be in one of the cabanas with the flowy curtains shutting out the rest of the world and a breeze gently coming through as the ship rocked ever slightly. It was also very quiet With not much sound coming over from the Retreat which was on the other side of me. 

Amy, the young UK girl who did my massage, followed my instructions about not going too deep.  My sister-in-law had a not so great massage last week so I consider myself pretty lucky. Could not have asked for a better experience on the last day. I am old I am able to hang out for a short bit in the cabana next-door to the massage cabana and that is where I am at the moment.

Next year, I have to get in early to book at least a half day in the sanctuary as it is blissfully quiet up here. Is anybody keeping track of how many times I’ve used the word blissful in the last couple of paragraphs?

Picture of the massage cabana and the sitting cabana. The curtains are not at all see through from the outside. I sat up there for about half an hr after.

90FBBA29-8C0D-44B8-A923-D0A9C5712325.jpeg

D05986C1-7C75-487A-BDAC-B753C7BB3025.jpeg

6F500033-D360-4B89-821C-5300E18F7730.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, dickinson said:

I think your cruise that had the Captain Circle Party in the Princess Theater was a one time thing for whatever reason.  All of our cruises have had them in either Vista Lounge or Club Fusion with drinks and hors d'oerves passed around so that way of doing it never went away. 

Seemed like a number of our Christmas time Regal cruises had it in the theatre. 

The new pool towels on the Sky (an unattractive shade of blue) will give the Sky the top ranking in ugliest pool towels at sea. 👎🏽👎🏽

Please tell me this is not going fleetwide?! One of the biggest symbols of a Princess ship was the striped blue and white towel. New ones are like an uglier copycat of RCL. 

Love this sitting area in the  very back of 7 with the wake. 

Is this new? Build your own burrito station at lunch? You give them your ingredients on a plate and they make the burrito and grill it for you. Chicken, steak, seafood. Lots of veggies. Mine was grilled properly after it was assembled; DD had another person make hers and he simply grilled the tortilla by itself before assembling it and gave it to her cold! So best to specify. Also, I wish I’d asked for a bit longer on the grill. Insides could have used another minute. 
Was not part of the taco station; was in other part of buffet 

Really delicious! 

F1C7AFBE-8908-4841-B0E2-A00CEB31F319.jpeg

EC0AAC09-78DE-4982-B2EB-A6B156DAD068.jpeg

73716291-442C-47B9-A824-51AA17CC192A.jpeg

9DC37971-73A0-4B79-8F58-60E1962EB69C.jpeg

DE52B599-F858-45C6-9F1A-624CE3573243.jpeg

3CA92508-D52C-4214-A8B9-037F425DF177.jpeg

78BC4A75-1597-4B59-A665-E79E5F1B0FFE.jpeg

4FB46E3D-2B34-4CAD-81FA-6009968E5B49.jpeg

D3C66EA5-8760-47B6-BFB5-8FBB4ACE435D.jpeg

Edited by h-sar
  • Like 1

Quite annoyed: Walked through the outside area of Alfredo’s around 330 this afternoon. May or may not have just polished off a pizza and salad by myself as a post-post lunch meal LOL. As I walked the outer area, where no one was sitting, noticed a large leather, distinctively printed, ladies’ tote on a chair.

Immediately went in and told one of the waiters that it was out there and that I was wanting to let him know rather than handle it myself. He said he, too, had seen it out there and was about to call security as he did not want to be handling it himself, either. 

I left it at that,  still wondering if perhaps I should just have taken it downstairs myself. Figured he knew about it and was about to del with it.

A few minutes ago, just after 7:00, 4 hours later, my husband and I were taking a pre-dinner stroll and happened to walk through the  same area and guess what? The bag was still sitting there!!! This time, I picked it up and brought it inside to the manager in Alfredo‘s. The bag was open and I could see that it had a big wallet, and a tablet of some kind in it. It was also quite heavy. I felt ill at ease with in my hand, Thinking the owner would see it in my hand at any second and accuse me of theft! When I got to the manager, I told her I had found it outside and that I could take it to security. She said lost and found items don’t go to security, but to passenger services, and that they were really busy right now, but that she would get it down there. Again, I left uneasy that someone might be getting off the ship tomorrow without their bag and valuables. The restaurant just seems so lackadaisical about getting the bag down to lost and found so that whoever was looking for it could be reunited with it before getting off the ship tomorrow. My husband is annoyed with me. He feels like I should not have gone into the restaurant, but straight down to 5 with it myself. 

On 12/28/2019 at 6:43 AM, Heavy's wife said:

Thanks for all the photos.  

Any chance anyone has a pic of the new specialty restaurant, Bistro Sur la Mer?  

...or any feedback from anyone who has eaten there?  We are trying to book our specialty dining before we get on the ship.

So, never did make it to Le Mer. Kids said all of their friends whose families did said that you really have to like seafood to properly enjoy it. Just as well I didn’t go! Did not like the openness of a pay for restaurant. If you’re paying that much, passengers shouldn’t be walking through by your table. 

On 12/28/2019 at 4:12 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Saw many people playing board games at the Crown Grill during off hours on the sea days.

Trying to remember where they stored all the games.

I also noticed a few times in the Patter that board games were taking place in a dining room, unhosted, 9:30-2:30.

Finally had to call passenger services to get info on escape room:

It’s $14 pp; $11 for under 12yo

Takes about 35 min

Have to sign up on embarkation - forgot to ask where

Open 9:00 - 10:00 every day

They take new groups through every 90 min rotations

Was sold out for this cruise on first day 

11 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Finally had to call passenger services to get info on escape room:

It’s $14 pp; $11 for under 12yo

Takes about 35 min

Have to sign up on embarkation - forgot to ask where

Open 9:00 - 10:00 every day

They take new groups through every 90 min rotations

Was sold out for this cruise on first day 

Wow !  For something that was free only last year they sure know how to make a buck on it. 🤑

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you for your LIVE postings.  I really enjoyed it and greatly appreciated ALL your effort!

It made the cruise even more enjoyable having all of you along for the ride 😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tere247 said:

We board in a week and your posts and pictures have gotten me more excited.  Can't wait.  Thanks so much for taking time from your vacation to do this.

You will love the Sky!

World Princess Orchestra was fantastic last night in the piazza at 9:30. Had seen it on Regal last yr and was disappointed it didn’t happen last week. Almost every single band, including the house orchestra (they are phenomenal and don’t get enough public credit), Static, the ladies of the string quartet, etc got together and gave us a rousing concert. I have such a  respect for the string Quartet after their performance last night. They were such a powerhouse and, at times, stole the show. Have a short video I’ll try to upload later as can’t seem to do it on the ship wifi. Don’t ever miss this if it happens on your ship. 

We've had static on our last 2 cruises, Caribbean Princess FLL-Quebec City in July/August & the Sky on Dec 4th - awesome. Same CD as well on both of them. Made for great cruises.  Thanks for all the posts & pics. Safe travels.

If you want a log of the cruise, request at passenger services. They don’t give you one in cabin - the last couple of yrs.
Just picked mine up now. used to keep the paper copy, but now just scan it as a memento and  reduce the amount paper at my home.

@h-sar I just want to thank you again for this wonderful live review. I feel like I've been cruising right along with you. And again, a huge thank-you for checking out our cabin for us.

It looks like the rain is holding off for you today in Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood - at least until later today. Are you heading straight back home? 

4 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

We've had static on our last 2 cruises, Caribbean Princess FLL-Quebec City in July/August & the Sky on Dec 4th - awesome. Same CD as well on both of them. Made for great cruises.  Thanks for all the posts & pics. Safe travels.

Their energy, esp the male, is unmatched by any other band I’ve seen on Princess. It seems like their number one priority is not to sing AT the audience, but rather engage the audience in the performance in whatever way they can. The foot  moves from the male last night - wow -  he could be dropped into any Motown band from the 50’s  and fit right in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

@h-sar I just want to thank you again for this wonderful live review. I feel like I've been cruising right along with you. And again, a huge thank-you for checking out our cabin for us.

It looks like the rain is holding off for you today in Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood - at least until later today. Are you heading straight back home? 

It’s been a pleasure conversing with you over a number of months 🙂. I think we’ve crossed paths a few times on here. Heading to the airport in a few minutes. Flight to Edmonton via Atlanta and Calgary, will see us at home in about 13 hours from departure time. Good thing nobody has to go to work or school on tomorrow. Although, poor daughter has to trek back to Calgary tomorrow afternoon with her car loaded down for a four month co-op position with Imperial Oil for the semester from the University of Alberta. Starts Monday! 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:59 AM, h-sar said:

Now, this next post might cause me to lose some American friends. I’m hoping you’ll forgive my non football loving self. If it makes you feel better, I dislike the CFL just as much 😅😅😬

Why is there so much US football on MUTS?! Three straight days in a row. I can understand if it’s the Super Bowl, but pretty sure that ain’t happenin’ right now. I know I’m wading into one of the three things most dear to American hearts. (When I get to know you better, I’ll reveal what I think the other two are.😁.) I’ve never seen such a lack of movies on MUTS as in the last three days. Hope that changes soon. Yes, I know Sky Princess sails out of the US at this time of year, but not everyone on-board is American, and there might even be a few Americans on board who secretly don’t like football. How about moving those viewings into the Vista or a bar? If it was the Stanley Cup final, I wouldn’t even ask for that to be shown on MUTS (yikes, do I have to give up my Canadian passport for that statement?)

OK, minor vent over. Just bring on the 1000th showing of Mammamia (parts 1&2), please, Princess.

Because of everything you have written here, I am positive we would be best friends. 

• Like 1