any word on VV porting in NY?

bones774

just wondering if there is any word about sailing out of NY. It could actually be a good fit for Branson during NY summers. 5-7 days to Bermuda, a 1st class British commonwealth island, all the millenials he could tap into, everyone enjoys Bermuda, and enough sea days for all that meditation, cleansing, yoga and fitness stuff.

19 hours ago, bones774 said:

It could actually be a good fit for Branson during NY summers. 5-7 days to Bermuda, a 1st class British commonwealth island, all the millenials he could tap into, everyone enjoys Bermuda, and enough sea days for all that meditation, cleansing, yoga and fitness stuff.

Maybe in about 4-5 years, when they get to about 4 ships.

54 minutes ago, bones774 said:

yikes, I'll be the oldest guy on the ship!

Unless you're already 75, no worries - the marketing doesn't reflect the actual guest age range. They're really marketing an attitude. Love to have some west coast sailings as well...patience grasshopper!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 8:56 AM, Biker19 said:

Maybe in about 4-5 years, when they get to about 4 ships.

At the rate they are going I doubt if they would ever get to 4 ships.  With the crappy ports they are going to very few people would want to sail with them.  We thought about it but are turned off by the destinations.  Have plenty of beaches in Florida. Why would we pay to go to another beach?  They need to re think where they are going. 

2 hours ago, RJB said:

At the rate they are going I doubt if they would ever get to 4 ships.  With the crappy ports they are going to very few people would want to sail with them.  We thought about it but are turned off by the destinations.  Have plenty of beaches in Florida. Why would we pay to go to another beach?  They need to re think where they are going. 

Ummmm..... not everyone lives in Florida?? The ports might be crappy to you, but there is a whole big world of customers out there. I’ve never been to these ports and am excited to try them as well as the brand, as I’m sure many other are. There will be people cruising from all over the US and the world - I’m actually coming from Australia to do this cruise (and we have plenty of beaches too 😉

But, RJB, you live in Florida. Keep in mind that part of their focus group is first time cruisers who probably live outside of Florida. They hook them with the overall experience and book them next on one of their longer cruises out of Barcelona. Remember, these are not poor 25 to 40 year olds. And no kids on the ship! Not a bad plan, in my opinion. We lived in California most of our lives (plenty of beaches there also) and we've cruised to most every island in the Caribbean. We're doing a B2B for the Virgin experience. Funny you think "at the rate they're going you don't think they will ever get to 4 ships" - since they were selling out of several of their cabin categories on many of the dates we tried to book and that was months ago. No doom and gloom from our perspective.

11 hours ago, RJB said:

With the crappy ports they are going to very few people would want to sail with them. 

It doesn't get much crappier than what the Oasis class does for RCI - yet they still fill 4 ships with 5,500 passengers every week.

9 hours ago, twodjs said:

But, RJB, you live in Florida. Keep in mind that part of their focus group is first time cruisers who probably live outside of Florida. They hook them with the overall experience and book them next on one of their longer cruises out of Barcelona. Remember, these are not poor 25 to 40 year olds. And no kids on the ship! Not a bad plan, in my opinion. We lived in California most of our lives (plenty of beaches there also) and we've cruised to most every island in the Caribbean. We're doing a B2B for the Virgin experience. Funny you think "at the rate they're going you don't think they will ever get to 4 ships" - since they were selling out of several of their cabin categories on many of the dates we tried to book and that was months ago. No doom and gloom from our perspective.

I guess we will have to re visit this in a year or 2.  Would love to find some interesting places to go with them. 

I'm still holding out hope for a mini New York season starting in August 2021.  The Scarlet Lady itineraries for Summer 2021 were added recently but they conspicuously end on August 1, whereas Valiant Lady extends all the way through October.  The Bermuda port schedule has several openings starting in August which would allow Scarlet Lady to fit in there.