Suite flowers / fruit

isdoo

I see no mention of either in any suite description. Am sure that they used to be there. Maybe I am confused. 

Would you expect to see either as standard in all suites or just the top suites if at all? 

I appreciate that one can probably request fruit, but was curious..... 

58 minutes ago, isdoo said:

I see no mention of either in any suite description. Am sure that they used to be there. Maybe I am confused. 

Would you expect to see either as standard in all suites or just the top suites if at all? 

I appreciate that one can probably request fruit, but was curious..... 

Re PH, there used to be a big bouquet that changed into cut off rose heads, similar in RS but smaller...Pleasantly surprised to get a small but pretty bouquet on Equinox in September (RS). Can’t comment on other rooms.

Fruit in all suites (I think) tends to be three pieces which are refreshed/replaced. Much better than a big bowl in our opinion where all too often things quickly loose their freshness. If you do want a full fruit bowl or fruit of a specific fruit variety  just ask the butler and he will sort it for you. Alternatively just pick up a piece or two from the cafe...

I can only speak for Sky Suites but there’s usually a white China rectangular tray with three sections containing a fruit like an apple, pear, or orange in each.  For flowers, usually a very small bouquet of alstroemeria, aka Peruvian Lily, which tends to hold up well (see photo from last month on Silhouette - these were quite fresh and pretty).

D3085077-B25B-43F4-BFCB-F7BD855DE605.jpeg

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Thanks 1

Currently in Royal Suite on Reflection.  Only flower is the single rose from a alts Club!  Cut roses usually in this cat of suite seems to have been replaced by small green plant.  The cut roses were used last April and in June in my RS Suites. Haven’t had fruit bowl/tray in my rooms for a couple of years.

7 hours ago, tbugstwo said:

Currently in Royal Suite on Reflection.  Only flower is the single rose from a alts Club!  Cut roses usually in this cat of suite seems to have been replaced by small green plant.  The cut roses were used last April and in June in my RS Suites. Haven’t had fruit bowl/tray in my rooms for a couple of years.

Never had a RS without at least rose heads! Also always had the 3 fruit bowl...Please could you speak to your butler and ask why you have neither flowers or fruits...

5 hours ago, LzyCruiser_NWA said:

On a related note, is it OK still bringing flowers aboard if we stop by a florist and get a bouquet before we board?

I know it's NOT okay to bring it off the ship so I won't be doing that.

Yes okay when you board and also from ports..Some have beautiful flowers..even in the port building.!

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Never had a RS without at least rose heads! Also always had the 3 fruit bowl...Please could you speak to your butler and ask why you have neither flowers or fruits...

Chemmo—I checked and was informed that small green plant was meant to replace the cut rose heads and that cut rose heads and fruit tray were now only provided on request!  Really with the price of RS and higher suites you would think they would at least provide fresh cut flowers.  BTW, the Captains Club rose is the most pathetic one I’ve ever seen.

• Like 1

Celebrity Amenity.docx

We often order flowers for our cabin or buy them in ports.   Several years ago, I went through the rather peculiar saga of ordering flowers for friends who were on an X sailing from Hong Kong.  I drafted a little script of the encounter, which is attached.  Sadly, it is only slightly exaggerated.

1 hour ago, tbugstwo said:

Chemmo—I checked and was informed that small green plant was meant to replace the cut rose heads and that cut rose heads and fruit tray were now only provided on request!  Really with the price of RS and higher suites you would think they would at least provide fresh cut flowers.  BTW, the Captains Club rose is the most pathetic one I’ve ever seen.

See my photo..post 4..very lovely.  I would not settle for a pathetic rose!

3 hours ago, tbugstwo said:

Wow! Really shocked...I will definitely request flowers through the shoreside concierge next cruise. The RS has always had plants in it, really not the same as fresh flowers.

I can understand them making the fruit tray a ‘request’. So sad to see fresh fruit shrivel and it isn’t as if you can’t get fruit if you do request it.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

See my photo..post 4..very lovely.  I would not settle for a pathetic rose!

Beautiful!

Nicest flower arrangement I ever received was when I celebrated a birthday on a RC cruise and returned to my cabin to find a beautiful vase of roses. Only snag was I got off the ship the next day so didn’t get to enjoy them!

5 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Wow! Really shocked...I will definitely request flowers through the shoreside concierge next cruise. The RS has always had plants in it, really not the same as fresh flowers.

I can understand them making the fruit tray a ‘request’. So sad to see fresh fruit shrivel and it isn’t as if you can’t get fruit if you do request it.

On Silhouette in November in an RS and only had the single rose from Captain’s Club, no fruit either.

Honestly never felt very special,  just like we get treated in a Sky Suite.  Night one at the Lawn Club we had a horrible table as that was the only one available and service was a joke.  Second night our reservation was Murano’s and we were sent to Michael’s as there wasn’t a table available and others were ahead of us.  Our reservations were at 8:30.  We loved our suite but we’re not awed by the service.

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

On Silhouette in November in an RS and only had the single rose from Captain’s Club, no fruit either.

Honestly never felt very special,  just like we get treated in a Sky Suite.  Night one at the Lawn Club we had a horrible table as that was the only one available and service was a joke.  Second night our reservation was Murano’s and we were sent to Michael’s as there wasn’t a table available and others were ahead of us.  Our reservations were at 8:30.  We loved our suite but we’re not awed by the service.

Wow again...It is the service level that makes suite cruising special. We are on the Silhouette next year...If we get a rubbish table first and second night I will be asking to speak to the suite manager. On Equinox (September) we felt on each visit to the speciality restaurants that we were treated as ‘valued customers’...They asked about our seating preferences, offered a few off menu items. Very similar on Eclipse too the year before.

We are in a PH next cruise, I will clearly state that I expect flowers when I talk to the concierge...

9 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Wow again...It is the service level that makes suite cruising special. We are on the Silhouette next year...If we get a rubbish table first and second night I will be asking to speak to the suite manager. On Equinox (September) we felt on each visit to the speciality restaurants that we were treated as ‘valued customers’...They asked about our seating preferences, offered a few off menu items. Very similar on Eclipse too the year before.

We are in a PH next cruise, I will clearly state that I expect flowers when I talk to the concierge...

Thanks, as it was our first RS we were a bit disappointed.  We are not demanding people and had wonderful service in Tuscan as well as Luminae.  The only thing we asked of our butler was cheese and crackers, got saltines so went the the OV to upgrade.

Again we loved the cabin.

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

We had excellent service in the PH on Equinox in November (7 day cruise). The butler brought in a fruit bowl on the 2nd day or so and replaced it a few days later. Except for the grapes everything else went to waste.  He also replenished our wine and got our pre cruise champagne request sorted out.

We were disappointed that the only flowers we had was the rose from the CC.  Come back and let us know if you get the flowers.

10 hours ago, Oville said:

It's always a wonder to me how service can vary from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing on the same ship.  We were in a RS on Silhouette in November as well and to say that they rolled out the red carpet for us would be an understatement.  We had several last minute dinner reservations throughout the 9 days and were accommodated with great tables every time.  Wonder why there's a lack of consistency....

Last week on the Equinox, we received the Elite rose about halfway in the cruise and had a large bowl of fruit for about a day and a half. Then it disappeared, never to be seen again. I had eaten the grapes and the pear, so it was being eaten. Not sure why it came and went.

16 hours ago, freddie said:

Celebrity Amenity.docx 22.03 kB · 12 downloads

We often order flowers for our cabin or buy them in ports.   Several years ago, I went through the rather peculiar saga of ordering flowers for friends who were on an X sailing from Hong Kong.  I drafted a little script of the encounter, which is attached.  Sadly, it is only slightly exaggerated.

OMG.....Laughing so hard!!!

17 hours ago, freddie said:

Celebrity Amenity.docx 22.03 kB · 28 downloads

Thanks for the laughs!😁