Can we give excess OBC to our cabin steward and/or MDR wait staff?

Ken the cruiser

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Me too. I tell ya, it's tough getting old. I also meant refundable OBC as I'm well aware it's use it or lose it when it comes to nonrefundable OBC. But, you now have my curiosity up again. Does everyone know this about the Purser?

All I've been reading is that if the refundable OBC on your account exceeds $25 at the end of the cruise, you will receive a check in the mail somewhere between 2-6 weeks later. If it's simply a matter of going up to the Purser and asking to cash out our refundable OBC, where is the Purser's desk located on a ship, as I'm guessing it's not at Customer Service?

The 'Purser's desk' has been rebranded as the Passenger Services desk. Years ago, we were able to get a sizeable amount of refundable OBC given to us in cash, but now it seems to be limited to $25 with any additional amount send by check.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, Aus Traveller said:

The 'Purser's desk' has been rebranded as the Passenger Services desk. Years ago, we were able to get a sizeable amount of refundable OBC given to us in cash, but now it seems to be limited to $25 with any additional amount send by check.

Now that I think about it, my last Princess sailing was 2014, and most recent cruise where I cashed in my remaining OBC was on X so the Princess policy may have changed since my last sailing with Princess. I apologize for the misinformation and had better plan accordingly for November's Sky Cruises 😉

• Like 1