Single Suppliment Sales on cruises

CoralHunter

Hello,

Celebrity has been recommended to me by several veteran cruisers.  I found a group of itineraries I like and am beginning to price out so I can start saving (I am nine days off another cruise line's ship :)).  I am a solo cruiser. Are there ever single supplement sales or other solo deals I should look out for?

I have seen on occasion the offer of a reduced amount for solo travelers.  Might be a good idea to call Captain's Club and inquire.

I don't recall seeing the number of cabins but I recall reading that Edge have  number of single cabins.   May be something to look into.   I'm sure they go quickly.

We have many single friends who liker to sail with us and have found that unless the ship is badly undersold, they will not offer reasonable single supplements. One exception is Silversea. We've done a couple cruises with them where the single sailed for a 25% premium instead of almost 100%. Got a decent deal too-1 category upgrade and $1000 OBC. They don't offer this all the time but I've seen it quite often. 

30 minutes ago, molemaui said:

We have many single friends who liker to sail with us and have found that unless the ship is badly undersold, they will not offer reasonable single supplements. One exception is Silversea. We've done a couple cruises with them where the single sailed for a 25% premium instead of almost 100%. Got a decent deal too-1 category upgrade and $1000 OBC. They don't offer this all the time but I've seen it quite often. 

Thanks for the heads up on this one.  I will check out Silversea too.

• Like 1

I've been sailing solo for years and the only time on Celebrity that I get an occasional 150% supplement is when I book after final payment.  I check Exciting Deals (just google those words) every week to see if there's anything worthwhile.  They had a whole lot of Edge 150% single supplements on Europe cruises prior to the Transatlantic.  And that was for a full-sized cabin, not solo cabin.  The price on those solo cabins on Edge isn't much less than paying double for a regular cabin and in a regular cabin you receive double points.  I've had much better quotes from Holland America as a solo.

• Like 1

I've sailed on Azamara a number of times with a 25% to 50% single supplement. For those who don't know Azamara is a sister company of Celebrity and points are earned  in both loyalty programs.  If you check the website you will find  a solo deal section.  These are usually for sailings after the final payment date.  The final price has been less than paying double on  other lines and that's not counting the included gratuities and drinks.  I find them  very solo friendly and given the small ship size easy to meet other people.

Reduced single supplements are easier found on the premium (Azamara, for example) and luxury lines. And as had been mentioned they often appear after final payment in an effort to fill inventory. 

This is the opposite on Crystal, however. Their single supplements start at 130% for entry level ocean view staterooms, but as the ship fills, the supplement can increase or evaporate altogether. 

Solos need to pay extra attention IMO to pricing between lines like Celebrity and the premium/luxury brands with their single supplements combined with their greater all-inclusive nature. 

Edited by BEAV

On 12/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I don't recall seeing the number of cabins but I recall reading that Edge have  number of single cabins. 

I've been checking those out... often it's still more expensive by many hundred $$$ to get the smaller single than to just book regular cabin and get the extra space and extra points.