Grandkids best price sale?

Britter16

Have not seen no charge for 3rd and 4th passengers in a cabin, or for those under a certain age. Some promos, such as the current "Best Deal Ever", provide for free gratuities. This will save you between $14.50 to $16.50/per person/day, depending on the cabin category selected. Other benefits for this promo include free wi-fi internet 24/7 and a free non-alcoholic drink package for those under 21. You may get some benefit from these with the 6 year old, but really no real useful benefit for the 1 year old.

30 minutes ago, Britter16 said:

thanks for the info. Will wait for the 3rd and 4th person free. Merry Christmas.

I wouldn't.  Book a cruise now, or as soon as you know where/when travelling and book with a Refundable Deposit.  Then, watch for other promos that may or may not present you with a better deal.  If there is a 3rd/4th person free sale, it may not be that great an overall package and you may find what you have or another Princess promo is better.  With a RD booking, you can cancel or re-fare at no cost up until Final Payment (FP) date.  If you like the idea of getting a discount, find a suitable TA and make sure you get one that isn't going to charge a fee for re-faring to a new promo or cancelling the booking (prior to FP date).

PS - After I posted, I note you are from Canada.  You will need a US-based agency to get the good fare discounts.

Edited by steelers36

On 12/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, skynight said:

I wouldn't wait for  Princess promo. You may never get on board. Maybe have a T.A. look for another cruise line with this promo.

It's interesting that you're suggesting the OP try another cruise line. Why not just stick with Princess? 

I booked a cruise last year with the kids sail for free promo and had no problem getting a mini-suite. Just check the princess website or wait for the flyers that come in the mail that advertise the sales. 

"I booked a cruise last year with the kids sail for free promo and had no problem getting a mini-suite. Just check the princess website or wait for the flyers that come in the mail that advertise the sales." 

Do you remember what time of year that promo was? Thx

1 hour ago, nini said:

"I booked a cruise last year with the kids sail for free promo and had no problem getting a mini-suite. Just check the princess website or wait for the flyers that come in the mail that advertise the sales." 

I think it was offered in the fall of 2018 for our March 2019 cruise. When my kids are a few years older I'd like to try and book two insides which I think may be cheaper than one mini-suite for 4 people paying full price. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 2:34 PM, nini said:

Don't know if you'll see this or not but the $1 sale is being offered now on some May 2020 Caribbean cruises. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:18 PM, Britter16 said:

What sale offers the best prices for taking kids 1yr and 6yrs on a cruise. Does princess ever have a kids go free deal or any good sales for kids. thank you

Right now the 3rd and 4th guest in a stateroom are just $1 each on the spring break cruise we are sailing with our granddaughters.  That's the best I've seen.  

But we shared a mini-suite with them (ages 7 & 9) last year and decided we need two staterooms / bathrooms / balconies this time!  

• Like 2

Most of my cruising has been done on Princess when our children were young. Best I got was 1/2 price for 3rd and 4th passenger.  Sometimes it was actually less expensive to book two rooms for 4 people. If you are looking for kids sail free, Check out Royal Caribbean. It is geared more for families and they even have babysitting (cost is extra) available. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Sometimes it was actually less expensive to book two rooms for 4 people.

Last year we shared a mini-suite on our spring break cruise with our granddaughters.  It cost us about $3600.  We purchased FCCs for each of us.  

This year, because of the shore excursion credit promo and OBC for using FCCs, we were able to get two adjoining balconies for the same bottom line.  Two bathrooms, two balconies and separate sleeping quarters for the win!  

• Like 2

On 12/24/2019 at 2:18 PM, Britter16 said:

What sale offers the best prices for taking kids 1yr and 6yrs on a cruise. Does princess ever have a kids go free deal or any good sales for kids. thank you

Princess rarely has it, at least during school breaks. Try Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

21 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Right now the 3rd and 4th guest in a stateroom are just $1 each on the spring break cruise we are sailing with our granddaughters.  That's the best I've seen.  

But we shared a mini-suite with them (ages 7 & 9) last year and decided we need two staterooms / bathrooms / balconies this time!  

nvm, I found it. However, as I found with Princess - this close to the cruise, they sometimes don't accept bookings  with kids of a certain age. Like in 2016 the cruise on Regal Princess didn't allow any more kids in the age group 4-8. We had to go on the Caribbean princess instead.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 12/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, akeasley said:

It's interesting that you're suggesting the OP try another cruise line. Why not just stick with Princess? 

I booked a cruise last year with the kids sail for free promo and had no problem getting a mini-suite. Just check the princess website or wait for the flyers that come in the mail that advertise the sales. 

I was on Princess site about once a day from July to November last year, and haven't once seen that promo.