Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sgallojr

Horizon Internet Questions

Recommended Posts

I am sailing on the Horizon in July and have a question about the internet.  I purchased the "social" internet package for this sailing.  I know this only grants access to social media sites along with Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp.  My question is, will either the audio or video calling features on these sites work?  I have read posts that the internet speed is much better on the newer ships compared to the older ones.  Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  We  got the Premium Wi-Fi Plan for Jan 5, Horizon.   Hope its better then the Pride was.  We could do almost anything but play games on facebook. I had my reg laptop with and had problems signing on, don't know why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got the middle package. We could facetime, text, check security system at home and my wife made 30+ calls home to our daughters on wi-fi calling. Worked very good  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zorky12 said:

We got the middle package. We could facetime, text, check security system at home and my wife made 30+ calls home to our daughters on wi-fi calling. Worked very good  

 

 

Which ship?

 

 

3 hours ago, PA Dutchman said:

  We  got the Premium Wi-Fi Plan for Jan 5, Horizon.   Hope its better then the Pride was.  We could do almost anything but play games on facebook. I had my reg laptop with and had problems signing on, don't know why. 

 

 

according to some CC regulars the new ships have streaming speed. I believe StGreg got 7Mb on the Vista 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the social plan on the Dream a week ago and could voice call over Messenger but the wifi calling did not work for me on WhatsApp for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mommyof3texans said:

I had the social plan on the Dream a week ago and could voice call over Messenger but the wifi calling did not work for me on WhatsApp for some reason. 

 

 

She did not use any app to call from. She used her phone which was a iphone 7. In order to use Wi-FI calling you must set up your iphone to be able to do so. Basically you have to agree that if you call 911 while on Wi-Fi calling they wont be able to see where you are. Not sure android based phones because I have never had one.

image0.png

Edited by zorky12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...