Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Klapka

Speciality Dining Package

Having enjoyed the Speciality Restaurants on the Silhouette in the past, we thought we would return several times on our upcoming cruise on the ship.

We figured that we would go for the deal offered on the first night and have booked that successfully.

However, when I try to make a further reservation for  3 night package, the system requires me to make a booking on the for the first night under that reservation, too.  This seems a bit nuts.  

Are we required to make, in effect, duplicate bookings which we will have to unscramble once we board?  The first day on the ship is usually a busy time anyway, without having this unnecessary thing to contend with.

I am confident that I am not the first person to encounter this and that my Cruise Critic friends will quickly put me straight.

7 minutes ago, Klapka said:

Having enjoyed the Speciality Restaurants on the Silhouette in the past, we thought we would return several times on our upcoming cruise on the ship.

We figured that we would go for the deal offered on the first night and have booked that successfully.

However, when I try to make a further reservation for  3 night package, the system requires me to make a booking on the for the first night under that reservation, too.  This seems a bit nuts.  

Are we required to make, in effect, duplicate bookings which we will have to unscramble once we board?  The first day on the ship is usually a busy time anyway, without having this unnecessary thing to contend with.

I am confident that I am not the first person to encounter this and that my Cruise Critic friends will quickly put me straight.

On my August Eclipse sailing I had booked the first night in advance, under the discount.  When I boarded, I purchased a multi-night package and they credited me back the amount I paid for the first night.  I was able to keep my reservation time for the first night under the dining package.

Thanks.  Did you buy the multinight package at the restaurant or through the front desk?

21 minutes ago, Klapka said:

Thanks.  Did you buy the multinight package at the restaurant or through the front desk?

They were stationed right outside the Oceanview Cafe upon embarkation.

Trust me, when you embark, you won't be able to avoid people upselling specialty restaurants and drinks packages!

Call Celebrity   Keep your first night an they will book your 3 night package  for you to use

after the first night   I have done this three time    no problem