For you Princess cruisers, what other cruise lines do you regularly patronize?

Well...I've been on 55 cruises so far...and have four future ones booked...

Elite Plus on Celebrity

Diamond on Royal Caribbean

Platinum on Princess

4 cruises on Carnival

3 on Oceania

2 on Viking

1 on HAL

1 on NCL

1 on Premier (forerunner to Disney)

I mostly book for itinerary and timing...then for ship and cruise line.

For me, Celebrity is a clear favorite--much better space per passenger ratios than the other large ship lines plus superior food and service, larger--or, at least, better planned out cabins--don't have to get to shows early to find a seat, etc.

My wife loves Royal Caribbean--best entertainment and amenities, especially on the bigger, newer ships...best for cruising with kids/teens.

Oceania is roomy with great food/service...but "goes to sleep" a little early...and is a little pricey.

Princess is a nice option...and we appreciate all of the West Coast offerings...unfortunately, we have to go to a mini-suite (or, as on our upcoming Royal cruise next week, a "Premium" balcony) to get a sofa/sitting area...and don't like having to get to the showroom a half an hour early for a seat and other crowding issues.

HAL was a little old (not that we're that young anymore) and dull...

We probably ARE too old for Disney now.

NCL did nothing to excite us.

Viking was great in China, disappointed us in Europe.

We may never cruise on Carnival again--if we can help it.

We have 32 Princess cruises, but have 3 on RC and 1 on the Royal Clipper (170 pax and real sails).

We fell in love with Silversea on our 15-night cruise to Antarctica from Ushaiua and now have two other Expedition cruises booked with them. (See attachments).

We also like Oceania,  we sailed for 20 nights to Greenland,  Iceland,  Scotland,  Ireland and the Faroe Islands.  Their 28-day dry-aged USDA Prime grade beef is to die for, much better than anything in the Crown Grill.  One could have lobster and filet mignon for lunch every day at the grill. Their penthouse suites also have butler service. Although we have been to Alaska 7 times on Princess, we booked one on Oceania because they visit ports that Princess doesn't. 

Next cruise on Princess will be on the Pacific to French Polynesia (our 4th time) in October 2020.

20191007_061925.jpg

20191007_061840.jpg

I've found a "comfort zone" between Princess, Holland America and Celebrity.  Which one I choose comes down to itinerary, pricing and perks (usually looking for beverage package inclusive offers, amongst other perks like gratuities, onboard credits, specialty dining, etc).  Each cruise decision is different based on where I want to go and what my priorities for that trip are.  I know what the strengths/weaknesses of each line and ship class are and balance that with all the other factors.

3 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

My favorite is Oceania, but Princess is next. Celebrity is third...find it pretty similar to Princess. I start choosing by itinerary then consider price and amenities. 

I loved Oceania cuisine, all the ice cream,  the afternoon fruit kabobs. 

9 minutes ago, faith trev said:

We also enjoy sailing on Celebrity, the perks are better being elite. They offer complementary drinks between 5 -7. We also get a bag of laundry each. I also like the inside pool.

Is that a bag daily? or per cruise?

The one thing I didn't like about Oceania was that we got 3 bags of laundry (20 items each) per cruise. It didn't matter if the cruise was 20-nights like ours was, or 7-nights like many Alaska cruises are.

24 minutes ago, faith trev said:

We also enjoy sailing on Celebrity, the perks are better being elite. They offer complementary drinks between 5 -7. We also get a bag of laundry each. 

As a Princess Elite I get unlimited free laundry. 

We have cruised mostly on Princess.  Now that Zero is out of office, we're going back to an RCCL cruise next.  Just found out about MSC's status match and going to go ahead and give them a try sometime in 2020.  We've done Celebrity a few times, but they have consistently had large groups that sucked up all the amenities and attention of the crew.  Probably never again.  I like Carnival for quick cruises.

When the grandchildren are old enough, we will splurge on Disney.  Cunard Trans-Atlantic is on our bucket list.

1 hour ago, cflutist said:

Is that a bag daily? or per cruise?

The one thing I didn't like about Oceania was that we got 3 bags of laundry (20 items each) per cruise. It didn't matter if the cruise was 20-nights like ours was, or 7-nights like many Alaska cruises are.

On Celebrity, Elite Captain's Club members get one 30 piece bag of laundry free per cruise--so two for a couple

... Elite Plus get two 30 piece bags per cruise each...So, for example, when we do our upcoming back-to-back Adriatic 7-nighters this summer, we will get EIGHT 30 piece bags between us--or 240 items during our 14 nights of cruising...way more than enough.

AND, almost more importantly here, is that it was FAR easier to get to those levels on Celebrity.  We actually got to Elite on Celebrity in 4 cruises (yes, under the old system--with extra points for suites and longer cruises), Elite Plus not that much after...Nine cruises on Princess and we are still nowhere near Elite.

And Celebrity's nightly FREE drinks from 5-7 for Elite and above...and Royal Caribbean's free drinks for Diamond and above from 5-8:30 blow away Princess' Elite lounge with slightly discounted limited specials...

And, with Oceania, a great benefit for everyone is that the great specialty restaurants are at NO charge...

Edited by Bruin Steve
16 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

On Celebrity, Elite Captain's Club members get one 30 piece bag of laundry free per cruise--so two for a couple

... Elite Plus get two 30 piece bags per cruise each...So, for example, when we do our upcoming back-to-back Adriatic 7-nighters this summer, we will get EIGHT 30 piece bags between us--or 240 items during our 14 nights of cruising...way more than enough.

AND, almost more importantly here, is that it was FAR easier to get to those levels on Celebrity.  We actually got to Elite on Celebrity in 4 cruises (yes, under the old system--with extra points for suites and longer cruises), Elite Plus not that much after...Nine cruises on Princess and we are still nowhere near Elite.

And Celebrity's nightly FREE drinks from 5-7 for Elite and above...and Royal Caribbean's free drinks for Diamond and above from 5-8:30 blow away Princess' Elite lounge with slightly discounted limited specials...

And, with Oceania, a great benefit for everyone is that the great specialty restaurants are at NO charge...

Thanks, good to know.

We have 32 Princess cruises and have never visited the Elite lounge. We did visit the VIP/Concierge lounge on the Majestic because we were in full suites. We enjoyed that we could make all of the espresso drinks that we wanted at any time.

Oceania is actually a good fit for us since we don't drink alcohol.

Silversea is all inclusive, alcohol flowing everywhere, full sized bottles of Meyers Dark Jamaican Rum when hubby just asked the butler for a Rum and Coke. If not for the fact that their Expedition cruises go to exotic off the beaten path places, we would not sail with them because I am sure that their fares include their unlimited alcohol (about 53k for a balcony cabin to Antarctica).

Have done 15 Princess cruises that have been interspersed with 1 HAL, 1 Carnival (never again), 1 RCL, 1 Norwegian and 1 European line (many, many moons ago and probably no longer exists). Princess just seems to meet our needs best.

We like to switch around though some lines are more favored than others.  Over the last 17 years, we have sailed 259 cruises among Cunard, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Disney, Norwegian, Holland America, and MSC to make us  RCI Pinnacle; Princess Elite; Celebrity Elite Plus; NCL Platinum; MSC Black Card/Diamond and something or other on the other lines.

Edited by gadaboutgal

We tend to alternate between HAL, Princess and NCL, Next up is Royal Princess, Then NCL Encore, Then HAL Eurodam, then back to Royal Princess March of 2021, then HAL Nieuw Statendam in June 2021 lol We most always book full suite. While I prefer NCL Haven Suites they tend to be a lot more expensive so mix it up with Princess and HAL their suites tend to be a bit more affordable.