For you Princess cruisers, what other cruise lines do you regularly patronize?

We have done all the mass market lines (Celebrity, NCL, Disney, Carnival, RCL). Far and away the closest to Princess is Celebrity.  That said, Disney was our favorite, but its just too expensive.  I can do 2 Princess cruises for 1 DCL and I just cant justify that.  

We cruised with Princess (7), Celebrity(6), Royal Caribbean (15), Holland America (2), Norwegian (9), Cunard (1), Msc (2), Carnival (3)

We only dismissed completely Carnival (no, all ships we cruised on were new or several years old, so it’s not bad ships that we picked, just whole thing)

We thought that Princess was much better than majority, except maybe Celebrity, Holland,Cunard, but times changed and as we cruise with Royal most often lately we noticed that differences aren’t that much anymore and Royal even has advantages.

I’d say try Celebrity for quality. Especially revolutionized ships

Most of my cruises have been on Princess, but I've sailed one RCCL cruise on one of their smaller ships (Vision of the Seas) and enjoyed it well enough that I would like to try out one of the Oasis class ships.  For the right itinerary I'd probably consider HAL or one of the bigger NCL ships, but don't know much about either.  From what I've heard of Carnival I don't think I'd care for them much.  One of these days I'd really like to try a Disney cruise (my wife and I are frequent Disneyland visitors and have had Annual Passes for a number of years) but the last time I looked a 7 night Disney cruise in an interior cabin costs as much as a 10 night cruise in a balcony cabin on Princess.

We cruise with NCL, but would never chose their large ships ever again. They added cabin decks and people, but didn’t create adequate pool areas at all. No adult pool
10 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

We have done all the mass market lines (Celebrity, NCL, Disney, Carnival, RCL). Far and away the closest to Princess is Celebrity.  That said, Disney was our favorite, but its just too expensive.  I can do 2 Princess cruises for 1 DCL and I just cant justify that.  

Out of curiosity, do you have children and is that why you liked Disney so much?  I've only ever been to Disneyworld once and did not care for it at all and you honestly could not pay me to go to a Disney amusement park.  I can certainly see the appeal for very young children and I know some adults are huge fans as has been expressed by other posters on this thread.  Taking aside the family/children aspect, what would be the appeal for an adult that does not love Disney (not that I dislike them of course) and all that it is?

19 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Out of curiosity, do you have children and is that why you liked Disney so much?  I've only ever been to Disneyworld once and did not care for it at all and you honestly could not pay me to go to a Disney amusement park.  I can certainly see the appeal for very young children and I know some adults are huge fans as has been expressed by other posters on this thread.  Taking aside the family/children aspect, what would be the appeal for an adult that does not love Disney (not that I dislike them of course) and all that it is?

No kids here, and this is probably one of the most misunderstood things about Disney.  With the exception of Princess, I see less kids on a DCL cruise than any other cruise line.  The reason is DCL does such a good job with Adult only areas.  You have literally whole swaths of the ship that kids aren’t allowed in.  You have your own lounges, your own pool, your own specialty restaurant (upcharge of course).  With the exception of the MDRs, you will likely rarely see kids unless your want to.  They also have almost an entire deck of the ship just for them as well so many spend the majority of their time there.  I also found the activities were far better, they had a number of fun mixology classes (upcharge, but $20 and you get the equivalent of 5 full sized drinks so its really a steal), and great entertainment in the small adult only  lounges.  

As for the Disney side of it, its pretty subtle, even in the dining rooms.  But for dinner you will get a show every night, some dining rooms (Animators Palate for one) are more over the top Disney than others, but you always have the choice of the buffet or Palo their specialty restaurant.  It’s kind of fun because you rotate dining rooms each night but your service team stays with you.  No anytime dining here because of the shows, you have to dine at set times or each at the buffet.

Their cabins are larger, come with a second powder room (so you get 1 bathroom with a tub/shower and sink, and a second with a sink and toilet) so 2 people can get ready at the same time.  

I will say we are Disney fans, big ones, so we may be a little biased, and if your not a Disney fan you may not get as much out of it (For example, They have a dedicated movie theater on board that shows all types of Disney studio movies all the time).  So YMMV, but I would go on another DCL cruise in a heartbeat if someone else is buying lol!

My Wife & I would like to think about some other line, Started out on Carnival back in the day, then went to Royal Caribbean for a couple , then to Princess... Currently, we are Elite on Princess and any other lines will not honor the perk level... I do have to say, Princess is slipping a bit in some areas (food quality & beverage offerings), but we keep coming back, this time we are booked on the Sky in 3 weeks, so we will find out how the medallion service is on a new ship

On 12/27/2019 at 10:17 PM, Bruin Steve said:

On Celebrity, Elite Captain's Club members get one 30 piece bag of laundry free per cruise--so two for a couple

... Elite Plus get two 30 piece bags per cruise each...So, for example, when we do our upcoming back-to-back Adriatic 7-nighters this summer, we will get EIGHT 30 piece bags between us--or 240 items during our 14 nights of cruising...way more than enough.

AND, almost more importantly here, is that it was FAR easier to get to those levels on Celebrity.  We actually got to Elite on Celebrity in 4 cruises (yes, under the old system--with extra points for suites and longer cruises), Elite Plus not that much after...Nine cruises on Princess and we are still nowhere near Elite.

And Celebrity's nightly FREE drinks from 5-7 for Elite and above...and Royal Caribbean's free drinks for Diamond and above from 5-8:30 blow away Princess' Elite lounge with slightly discounted limited specials...

And, with Oceania, a great benefit for everyone is that the great specialty restaurants are at NO charge...

They have never counted the number of items in each bag of laundry, we just roll and stuff. I don't think they would enjoy counting someones underwear. I only send items they can't shrink.

Just now, faith trev said:

They have never counted the number of items in each bag of laundry, we just roll and stuff. I don't think they would enjoy counting someones underwear. I only send items they can't shrink.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:14 PM, CarelessAndConfused said:

But aren’t they much harder to achieve?  Either way, I do very much like the Princess product though I have no personal basis of comparison.

We just booked on Princess's new ship, Discovery.  Nov. 24th 2021  Transatlantic, Free Beverage, Gratuities paid , and Wi Fi. 14 days, starts in Rome, comes into Ft. Lauderdale. It suppose to be very different than ( Royal etc.). We were booked on Enchanted at same time but it just cancelled. It was 2 days longer and cheaper.

On 12/27/2019 at 1:01 AM, CarelessAndConfused said:

My first cruise was Royal, then "one and done" on Carnival (to be fair to them, it was not smart to do Mexican Riviera during Spring Break), got married on Sapphire Princess. We do NCL for family trips because there's so much to do, so many specialty restaurants and drink package included. We are Diamond Plus on RCCL and love the 3.5 hour nightly free cocktail party! Love the Princess itineraries. We are simply "loyal to cruising" haha