Jump to content

IONA: Conservatory Mini Suite


Recommended Posts

Anyone booked one? What are the perks? Do you get breakfast in Epicurean like the main suites? All full suites are showing as sold out for the November 2020 cruise I'm looking out so wondered these include.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've booked one for Nov '20. Thought we'd see what they're like. Didn't realise it classed as a mini suite until a couple of days ago (thought it was just a flash balcony)! I assume you will get the 'welcome aboard' lunch until cabins ready, champagne, canapes etc (don't know about b'fast). Until someone has actually been on the ship, I don't expect we'll know for sure.

 

Simon

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sddsddean said:

We've booked one for Nov '20. Thought we'd see what they're like. Didn't realise it classed as a mini suite until a couple of days ago (thought it was just a flash balcony)! I assume you will get the 'welcome aboard' lunch until cabins ready, champagne, canapes etc (don't know about b'fast). Until someone has actually been on the ship, I don't expect we'll know for sure.

 

Simon

If they are classed as mini suites and if P&O are consistent with practise on other ships, the perk of breakfast in Epicurean will not be extended to them and canapés are only for formal nights. However, we need to wait and see. There are 24 full suites on Iona which doesn’t seem many to me. We are lucky enough to have one on the maiden so if I remember to, I will confirm the answers in late May.

Nice meeting you last month Simon!

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 95 conservatory mini suites on Iona with over 200 passengers, so would be a push with full suite guests for breakfast in the Epicurean. We looked at the mini suite on our last trip to the Northern lights Arcadia but the extra £2000 with no real extra benefits  apart from the space I thought was not worth it. Had a disabled suite on Brittania which was excellent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete14 said:

If they are classed as mini suites and if P&O are consistent with practise on other ships, the perk of breakfast in Epicurean will not be extended to them and canapés are only for formal nights. However, we need to wait and see. There are 24 full suites on Iona which doesn’t seem many to me. We are lucky enough to have one on the maiden so if I remember to, I will confirm the answers in late May.

Nice meeting you last month Simon!

 

17 minutes ago, hansol1966 said:

There are 95 conservatory mini suites on Iona with over 200 passengers, so would be a push with full suite guests for breakfast in the Epicurean. We looked at the mini suite on our last trip to the Northern lights Arcadia but the extra £2000 with no real extra benefits  apart from the space I thought was not worth it. Had a disabled suite on Brittania which was excellent. 

 

Hi Pete...we'll be waiting for you trip report in May! We had a mini suite on Arcadia. Had a phone call to ask if we wanted to upgrade. It wasn't much (£200 I think) and we thought we might be spending more time in the cabin if the weather was iffy. Think we made the right choice! Only thing was too much furniture! We had canapes every night.

 

Simon

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sddsddean said:

 

 

Hi Pete...we'll be waiting for you trip report in May! We had a mini suite on Arcadia. Had a phone call to ask if we wanted to upgrade. It wasn't much (£200 I think) and we thought we might be spending more time in the cabin if the weather was iffy. Think we made the right choice! Only thing was too much furniture! We had canapes every night.

 

Simon

I think they will struggle to deliver daily canapés  to 95 conservatory mini suites in addition to 24 suites and I am not sure how many will actually want them anyway. Some are a bit of an acquired taste!

I think describing the weather on Arcadia as ‘iffy’ is a bit of an understatement. Maybe your logic concerning suites and iffy weather goes some way to explaining why all suites on Iona are at the very back or front of the ship; none midships.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been in quite a number of Mini Suites and we've always had canapes every night.  However, of late the standard of these has been pitiful, hardly worth the effort.  We had some canapes on Fred Olsen and the difference was amazing - however, the size of the FO ships is probably the reason for that.  The breakfast in Epicurean that is on offer in a full suite is certainly worth having but has never applied to Mini Suites.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No mention of breakfast for Mini Suites on the "ask p&o " page for Iona mini suites but daily canapes is on the list.

 

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/balc_fac

 

Conservatory Mini Suites

  • Two lower beds convertible to king-size bed
  • Bathroom (shower only) and WC
  • A hairdryer
  • A sofa, chair and table
  • Floor to ceiling glass doors leading to balcony with table and chairs
  • Magazine Selection
  • Atlas and binoculars
  • Bathrobe and slippers for use during your cruise

 

Special Touches

  • Luxurious premier toiletries pack
  • Daily canapés
  • Fruit Basket
  • Flowers, Champagne and chocolates on arrival
  • Mineral water on arrival
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 4:33 PM, Adegb said:

No mention of breakfast for Mini Suites on the "ask p&o " page for Iona mini suites but daily canapes is on the list.

 

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/balc_fac

 

Conservatory Mini Suites

  • Two lower beds convertible to king-size bed
  • Bathroom (shower only) and WC
  • A hairdryer
  • A sofa, chair and table
  • Floor to ceiling glass doors leading to balcony with table and chairs
  • Magazine Selection
  • Atlas and binoculars
  • Bathrobe and slippers for use during your cruise

 

Special Touches

  • Luxurious premier toiletries pack
  • Daily canapés
  • Fruit Basket
  • Flowers, Champagne and chocolates on arrival
  • Mineral water on arrival

And no Butler either

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, Mini Suites have never had the services of a Butler.  After saying we'd never go on a large ship - we've never been on Britannia - as we had to postpone a cruise we are now booked on Iona in the Autumn - my husband said it will be an adventure!  We'll see, and we have one of the Conservatory Mini Suites too.  We were looking at a full Suite but they were all booked.  I look forward to hearing from the first people to experience the Conservatory Mini Suites.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, annieuk said:

No, Mini Suites have never had the services of a Butler.  After saying we'd never go on a large ship - we've never been on Britannia - as we had to postpone a cruise we are now booked on Iona in the Autumn - my husband said it will be an adventure!  We'll see, and we have one of the Conservatory Mini Suites too.  We were looking at a full Suite but they were all booked.  I look forward to hearing from the first people to experience the Conservatory Mini Suites.

.  I look forward to hearing from the first people to experience the Conservatory Mini Suites.

 

Yes me too, I am also looking forward to what Pete14 has to say about his Suite. We have one booked for 2021, any photos would be much appreciated for both Suites and Conservatory Mini Suites, big 😊 in anticipation!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

The details of the conservatory mini suites at the time I booked (first day of availability) were as Adegb has quoted above plus.

As well as a hairdryer - a trouser press.

And also a coffee machine (pods replaced daily).

It will be interesting to see how many items from this list disappear by the time the cruises start, was really looking forward to the coffee machine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi all new to this and going on cruise, been on a few P&O mini-cruises now looking to book a conservatory Mini Suite on the Iona in February 2021 so will be great to hear of anyone's experiences both on the ship and the mini-suite itself...perks etc. 

 

Many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ianh1 said:

Hi all new to this and going on cruise, been on a few P&O mini-cruises now looking to book a conservatory Mini Suite on the Iona in February 2021 so will be great to hear of anyone's experiences both on the ship and the mini-suite itself...perks etc. 

 

Many thanks


Sadly, nobody has set foot on Iona yet. Her maiden cruise should have been in progress as I write. Conservatory mini suites are solely on Iona so nobody can even give guidance based on other ships. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...