MSC Ocean Cay snorkeling??

barefoot cruiser

• 1 month later...

I realize this is too late to help you, but I'm cross-posting to another thread about snorkeling OC with some of my comments, in case others wander in here with the same questions I had:

Thanks I am going to answer here and also on that one.

I ended up snorkeling in the cove between the lighthouse and the ship, on the lighthouse end (Lighthouse Beach).  There were some fish to see, but you needed to have patience...I will post a few pics i have, when I download them.  That said, the water was a bit murky, so there may have been more.  Admittedly i stayed here because I liked the beach chairs 🙂

A fellow cruiser told me after she snorkeled with me there, she walked past the lighthouse and wrapped around and went farther up that beach (Sunset Beach) and saw much more and didn't want to get out at 4:30 when the lifeguard was going away.

At one point I took the trek around the other direction to the other side of the island ( Bimini Beach) and snorkeled there, and highly recommend not bothering there as all i saw was grass and very few fish of interest.

I will say I really wanted to go into the crew beach, because it looked like a great place to snorkel 🙂  , but I didn't.

Melissa