Mina Sulman, Bahrain

bearette

I saw they have pearl snorkeling, but my husband is a diver. Does anyone know any diving companies where my husband can dive and my kids as well as myself, could snorkel?  Another option, my son is a race car fanatic (he is 8), so a visit to the track is a must.  Does anyone know any tour companies where we could arrange a visit to the grand prix and some other areas of interest? I doubt exactly what I want is available, but I am not getting much with a Google or board search.  It sounds like we may have to just arrive a nd get a taxi.  Do the taxis do tours or are they more like a driver?

Thanks

Please be aware that the traffic in Bahrain,  including the muddle of roads around Mina Salman can be diabolical.

Distances as such are not  great, but that is of no help if you are stuck at one intersection for 20 minutes.

From Thursday mid-afternoon to late night Saturday weekend traffic from Saudi Arabia ads to the mayhem. 

Finding a tour that takes you out to the F1 track should be easy.

Not sure about diving or snorkelling organised tours. 

When we lived in Bahrain, a few years ago, we had a membership at the yacht club and there were always people willing to take you along for a few hours on a boat.

As diving etc goes, it would be a lot more interesting in Oman, if you stop there