Jack's Shack Spending

jdemps

How much do you typically spend at Jack's Shack when there for about 4 hours eating and drinking for 2 people.  We're not on a budget or anything, I can't find anything with prices so just curious if about $300 if enough or if we should take more.  We definitely want some sauce to go if we like it.  Thanks for your help!

By chance, is there any para-sailing in that area..asked before on here, was given a name, but it turned out closed, 

DW and I will be heading there in Feb. want to spend some time there.. and then head down to Governors

tks

• 5 weeks later...

Just an FYI -  I was at Jack's in August and there was not a charge to use their chairs on the beach.  A friend was there last week and apparently there is now a charge for chairs.  The rate was $20 for two chairs (don't know if there is a charge for an umbrella). 

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last week.  The chairs are free, but if you want an umbrella, it is $10.  The beers are $5 each and the drinks were about $11 each.  They take credit cards but sometimes their internet is not strong enough to process it.  Cash would probably be easier.  One thing we noticed while we were there was 3 or 4 stray dogs burrowing under the lounge chairs in the shade.  I asked Janet about feeding the dogs and she threw up her hands and seemed aggravated about the question.  We brought dog snacks for Topher and Calypso but neither were there on the day we were there.

15 hours ago, tlund said:

We were there last week.  The chairs are free, but if you want an umbrella, it is $10.  The beers are $5 each and the drinks were about $11 each.  They take credit cards but sometimes their internet is not strong enough to process it.  Cash would probably be easier.  One thing we noticed while we were there was 3 or 4 stray dogs burrowing under the lounge chairs in the shade.  I asked Janet about feeding the dogs and she threw up her hands and seemed aggravated about the question.  We brought dog snacks for Topher and Calypso but neither were there on the day we were there.

Assuming Janet is the owner my guess is she can't keep the strays away, but really doesn't want to encourage them coming around.

Topher passed away either early this year or late 2019 😞 

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Anyone know how Jacks Shack is doing ?

Nothing on their FB page.  Hearing everything is closed, even hotels, until later in May.  No cases of CV19 on GTI last I heard.  Think they want to keep it that way. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...