Washer & driers Caribbean Princess

We are on the 2 week Caribbean Princess cruise departing on Feb 2nd. This is our first 2 week cruise. We understand that there are self serve washer and driers on this ship. Very handy for a two week cruise. I found some older information on these washers, but I would love to hear current info on them. Is there a cost and does the cost go on your room account or do you pay with cash? Do you need to take laundry soap or anything with you to maximize the use of the washers? Any tips are appreciated.

$3 to wash and $3 to dry. You buy tokens with your cruise card in the laundry room. They do have laundry soap to buy, but like myself and others do is bring their own. The laundry pods work good. They don't take up much space in your luggage. I also bring my own dryer sheets. So far the dryers I have used work well. Only need to feed it once. Same with the washers. There are also irons in the laundry room. As for a good time to wash can be hit and miss. Port days are good, if you are not going ashore. Sea days can be busy.

on the CB, you will use your OM to get tokens to put into the machines … the charge is $ 3 for each ( $3 wash and $3 for dryer)and it will go on your shipboard account, just like other charges made onboard

we take our on pods and dryer sheet, but you can also get detergent from the machines

PRO-TIP - if you know you are going to wash, get your tokens early as machines may be down or out

also - there are 'free' irons and ironing boards in the laundry facilities ...

We were on Caribbean Princess end of June/beginning of July- also doing two weeks.  I just realized yours is really a 14-day, not B2B like ours was.  Turnaround day in Fort Lauderdale was the day we did laundry - even had a couple of loads going when we had to go off/reboard the ship.  You might find it a bit trickier since everyone is on for 14 days.

You might find the token machine in a particular laundry isn’t working but the laundry machines are - just go to another deck to get your tokens.  They sell detergent and softener.