$100 AMEX Offer

ParrotRob

I have had this offer multiple times.  I just used one for a two day cruise on Celebrity, tied to the front of a Carnival cruise.  I even more recently I used it for a 4 day on Princess.  I used two separate offers on my Legend cruise in June (two different cards).  I have one left to use on that same cruise, but for points.  EM

Despite the fine print saying that it's valid for new bookings only, as discussed in other threads here, many people have had success by adding the offer to their Amex and then using the card to apply a charge of at least $500 towards their existing booking within the stated date window.  Your mileage may vary, of course, but if you have an Amex card that is eligible for the offer, it might be worth trying.

If the offer doesn't show up on your Amex card, while logged into their site try navigating to: americanexpress.com/wlcl 

("World's Leading Cruise Lines") and it may appear, as it did for me.

Information sourced from this thread: 

1 minute ago, mommyof3texans said:

Has anyone had any luck applying this offer to pay for Cheers?

When I last used an offer like this it worked for anything as long as the charge was from Carnival.  Amex sees a charge from the correct merchant and the offer applies.  What is purchased doesn't matter.  

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 9:40 PM, Essiesmom said:

I have had this offer multiple times.  I just used one for a two day cruise on Celebrity, tied to the front of a Carnival cruise.  I even more recently I used it for a 4 day on Princess.  I used two separate offers on my Legend cruise in June (two different cards).  I have one left to use on that same cruise, but for points.  EM

I'm curious: you mention you've used this offer multiple times, most recently on Celebrity with a following Carnival cruise - the Amex-WLCL offer is only for Carnival Corporate lines and Celebrity is not under the Carnival umbrella. Perhaps it was a different Amex offer you used for the Celebrity cruise and used the WLCL offer on the Carnival cruise?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

When I last used an offer like this it worked for anything as long as the charge was from Carnival.  Amex sees a charge from the correct merchant and the offer applies.  What is purchased doesn't matter.  

Unless something has changed, the offer won't apply to things like excursion purchases or Fun Shop purchases because those do not come across to Amex as "Carnival Cruise Reservations" charges.

25 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Unless something has changed, the offer won't apply to things like excursion purchases or Fun Shop purchases because those do not come across to Amex as "Carnival Cruise Reservations" charges.

I was paid in full last time and used it to buy shore excursions before sailing.  This offer could be more selective.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joepeka said:

I'm curious: you mention you've used this offer multiple times, most recently on Celebrity with a following Carnival cruise - the Amex-WLCL offer is only for Carnival Corporate lines and Celebrity is not under the Carnival umbrella. Perhaps it was a different Amex offer you used for the Celebrity cruise and used the WLCL offer on the Carnival cruise?

At the time I received the WLCL offer, I also received one for Celebrity.  And one for Regent.  And I think I booked my upcoming Cunard cruise using one specific to Cunard.  And I believe they have offers for Oceania, although with only one cruise with them, I probably won't receive any offers nor could I afford them if I did.  EM

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 5:19 PM, joepeka said:

When you purchase an excursion online with a credit card, the charge comes through as "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL"

Have you tried this and it didn't work for you? I was able to activate the offer purchasing excursions and other things like WiFi prior to sailing.

16 minutes ago, webzila said:

When you purchase an excursion online with a credit card, the charge comes through as "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL"

Have you tried this and it didn't work for you? I was able to activate the offer purchasing excursions and other things like WiFi prior to sailing.

I have tried this in the past and the charge came across as an excursion charge (I don't remember the exact wording of the charge description) and would not apply for the Amex offer. As I mention, things may have changed in the interim and those excursion charges are identified differently to Amex now such that they do qualify for the offer.