Upgrade Bid

Cruisennerable

The MSC Plusgrade system makes no mention of cabins coming with the associated experiences, except for Yacht Club bids.  Bella, Fantastica and Aurea are not mentioned at all in the bid categories, its just inside, ocean view, balcony and a several often fairly vague variations of "suites".  On some ships the bid cabin type is obviously Aurea, like when they specifically break out the ones with a hot tub, yet "Aurea" is specifically not mentioned in the description.  But many times the bid can be just for a generic "suite", which could be Fantastica or Aurea.  On Divina the "suite" bids included the forward ones with sealed panoramic windows and no balconies, which are just fancy ocean view cabins.  The same goes for a "Balcony" bid, you could get a Bella, Fantastica or Aurea cabin.  The associated experience perks that come with a specific cabin type are not part of the bid, the Plusgrade FAQ clumsily dances around this.  And since MSC fixed the Yacht Club wording but hasn't bothered to clarify the "promotion vs. experience" aspect any better I have to believe it is intentionally done to mislead bidders.  I've not seen any definitive reports regarding winning an Aurea cabin from a lower experience level.  So it's just my opinion but I highly doubt any winning bid will get you the Easy package, massages or even thermal spa access.  I could see them possibly giving winning bidders robes, My Choice dining and maybe even the diffuser and private solarium access.  But I would not count on even getting those and keep the bid in line with with what you're likely to not receive.

• Like 1

I just bid to upgrade to YC Deluxe from an Aurea Suite with balcony.  It appears that we will keep any Aurea booking benefit such as the two free massages and the basic wifi.  We are sailing in a B2B with the Yacht Club on the second leg of the voyage.  The YC wasn't available for the first leg when we booked.  We actually love the Aurea Suite we are booked in as it is two rooms with a picture window and side balcony.  We bid for the convenience of staying in the YC for the entire 17 days.  If the upgrade happens...great.  If the upgrade doesn't occur, we are still sailing in a great stateroom.