Buenos Aires - Aerolinas Argentinas

Heartfelttraveler

Our Antarctica Expedition on the Fridtjof Nansen is now less than a year away and in about 4-6 weeks we will be looking at purchasing our airfare round trip to Buenos Aires.

I am looking for feedback on Aerolinas Argentinas Miami to Buenos Aires.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.

We will be flying business class and our traveling companions economy, so any information on either is appreciated.

Our other option is non-stop from Atlanta on Delta, which is considerably more expensive.

Thanks for your knowledge and experience.

Hello!

i just returned last week On that exact route and was very pleased with Aerolinas Argentinas.  The aircraft was new and clean, the crew professional and service was good.  I will admit to some apprehension weeks before my departure though.  Their website is lacking, and that’s being kind.  I flew business class and had a seat assignment for my outbound flight but not for my return flight. I was unable to contact Aerolinas to get a return seat assignment and had to trust I had one somewhere! Though it’s a Delta branded flight Delta was unable to help with anything relating to my flights. (I’m sure you’re aware that the Delta confirmation number is worthless so make sure you hang on to that Aerolinas confirmation!)  Anyway, I did indeed have a seat when it came down to it.

So, I say relax and enjoy a wonderful flight to an amazing place...Antarctica!

• Like 1

RamblinRisa - Thanks for the information.  I did not realize that the flights are codeshare with Delta.  I just checked and I can book through Delta - Yea.  Then I can go to the Aerolineas website to pick our seats.

We are booked on Aerolineas in February 2020 to go to Iguazu Falls.  But it is from the local Buenos Aires airport on a local route.  I hope to have our December flights booked before that trip.

When you fly to Iguazu ask the gate agent to manually put in your Delta frequent flyer number if you haven’t already done so. I hadnt noticed it was missing on one Ushuaia leg until it was too late but my MIA-EZE-MIA  was listed with no problem.

Have fun. 😁

On 12/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, Heartfelttraveler said:

Our Antarctica Expedition on the Fridtjof Nansen is now less than a year away and in about 4-6 weeks we will be looking at purchasing our airfare round trip to Buenos Aires.

I am looking for feedback on Aerolinas Argentinas Miami to Buenos Aires.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.

We will be flying business class and our traveling companions economy, so any information on either is appreciated.

Our other option is non-stop from Atlanta on Delta, which is considerably more expensive.

Thanks for your knowledge and experience.

We flew Aerolinas when we went last year . There's a photo review here :

• 1 month later...

We also flew business with Aerolinas (from JFK to BA) and thought it was very nice (not to mention very reasonably priced compared to most business class flying). As I recall, the Delta code sharing caused some booking confusion for awhile - took a few phone calls back and forth - don't remember all the details. 

• 1 month later...

Just to give you another thought if you have not booked your other flights (Buenos Aires to Ushuaia or anything else domestic in Argentina), but might be helpful for other readers:

On domestic flights with Aerolineas Argentinas they allow you in Economy (I'm not sure if it's the same in Business) only 15 kg of checked baggage, while LATAM is 23 kg.