Flights by Celebrity Question

benkon

We have booked flights through FBX for a September cruise.  Payment is not due until June.  We have a mix of Business Class flights on Lufthansa, Air Canada, and American Airlines.  We were able to call Lufthansa and book our seats.  However, the American Airlines and Air Canada flights do not have seat selection available, as they said they were not yet "ticketed".

Does anyone have experience with American Airlines and Air Canada through FBX?  At what point were you able to make seat selections?

Thanks!
Nancy

I recently posted the same about not being able to book American Airline seats as it had not yet been  ticketed. 

You can do two thing.    1.   Call ChoiceAir and have them book your seat for you.    2.   Call Choice Air and have them charge your credit card and "Ticket" the trip.  

In my case 10 days after final payment my trip had been paid for but Choice Air had not ticketed it.   I called and they ticketed it and I was able to control my reservation.

I asked the same question of a FBX rep the other day and the answer was you cannot get seats on American until the ticket is actually paid for by FBX's agent.  If you want to wait for final payment on your cruise to pay for your air tickets you cannot get your seats until then.  I opted to just book it directly with AA.com and get the seats I want now.  I am not a fan of sitting in the middle of a wide body jet for 9 hours.

Thanks for all the great info.  Per someone's suggestion on CC, I called FBX and just asked them to ticket the flight.  Within a couple of hours I was able to choose seats on American - still without paying the balance.

Problem solved!  

N

• Thanks 1

I actually just went through this a month ago.  All I did was call FBC and ask them to Ticket my flights.  They did it right away and I was able to pick seats.  And those are tickets that are refundable for a July cruise and I haven't paid for them yet.  Sorry I just saw you did that in the post before!

Edited by Beachlover1989

Same here.  Paid 9 months in advance so we could pick some good seats, together, for our 9.5 hour flight.  But had American reroute us, and put us in two separated middle seats, 2 months before cruise.  And FBX “couldn’t” do anything about it...but tell us we could “voluntarily” choose to get our original overseas flight back for about 150% more, on top of what we already paid.  So...don’t count on paying in advance being of any advantage!

Edited by PSULion101

After many calls to both Air Canada and FBX and unable to book seats,  I offered to pay X for the flights as Air Canada wouldn't allow seat selection without being ticketed.  Booking confirmation deducted this amount from final payment and with the ticketed #,  I was able to go online and book seats.  During this 1st attempt at booking air with them, the original airline changed flight times to one which arrived after the ship left...LOL.  I caught it, informed FBX of change at which point they booked us with AC at almost the same price as the first airline.  I like control of my travel plans so not sure I'd book with FBX again.