Navigator APP question

My husband and I have one account with HA, my name is on it.  We use one email for this account as well.  On our next cruise I would like to use the Navigator APP to communicate with DH when we are doing different things on the ship.  Do we  have to have separate accounts to do this?  Or, can we download the APP on each of our phones and communicate with the same APP?  I’m not too tech savvy, so I’m not sure if I’m asking this correctly, but I think tech knowledgeable folks will understand what I am getting at!  Thanks! 

The Navigator App is nothing to do with your account (online account or onboard account).  It is linked to the occupants of the stateroom.  There will be no difficulty in both of you communicating with each other except the lack of an alert sound that a message has arrived.

Also there is no need to download the app prior to boarding.

27 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The Navigator App is nothing to do with your account (online account or onboard account).  It is linked to the occupants of the stateroom.  There will be no difficulty in both of you communicating with each other except the lack of an alert sound that a message has arrived.

Also there is no need to download the app prior to boarding.

Actually this changed at least a couple of months ago. You now log into the Navigator App using your online account credentials. If you both login with the same credentials, you might not be able to communicate.

10 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Actually this changed at least a couple of months ago. You now log into the Navigator App using your online account credentials. If you both login with the same credentials, you might not be able to communicate.

Exactly our experience in December.  Totally different from July. 

43 minutes ago, richwmn said:

32 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

Exactly our experience in December.  Totally different from July. 

Well that seems a bit retrograde!  We might even have to speak to each other 🙄

I'm sure lots of pax do not have accounts, so how does that work?

5 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Well that seems a bit retrograde!  We might even have to speak to each other 🙄

I'm sure lots of pax do not have accounts, so how does that work?

Since I travel alone, no effect on me at all and I don't know how others would handle it. Might just have to set up a free gmail, yahoo, live, apple, etc account. Might be a good idea to have one anyway.

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

Since I travel alone, no effect on me at all and I don't know how others would handle it. Might just have to set up a free gmail, yahoo, live, apple, etc account. Might be a good idea to have one anyway.

Is it a HAL account that needs to be set up, or just an email account?