Guidance on Reaching to NCL Customer Service

Tigerman4LSU

We were on the 21-December sailing on the Breakaway.   Three major complaints.   Any guidance on how to reach out to NCL Customer Service?

1.  We were diverted to Nassau instead of their private island.  My complaint is with the communication of this change.   NCL Guest Services on board said it was communicated to us on Friday.  I never saw an email or received a phone call.  

2.  Shore Excursion on Cozumel.  We booked the Chichen (sp.)  Airplane Tour.  We were told on shore in Cozumel that the 8 seater plane had a mechanical issue so they switched to a 5 seater.  They did the switch the night before and NCL Breakaway Shore Excursion Team was aware of this switch the night before.  When ended volunteering to cancel, but it was too late to book another shore excursion.  

3.  Our excursion in Jamaica was supposed to return to the ship at 2:30 pm so we planned to spend the afternoon doing stuff on the ship.   It returned at 5:30 pm.  The reason for delay was we left late from the excursion because the tour guide made the decision to leave late.  

What would you do?

george

I would have addressed 2 and 3 on the ship.  Just saw you got partial refund and OBC, so I think enough has been done for you on these issues.  Glad to see that ship's personnel handled this very well.  Why contact NCL, what more are you looking for?

As far as number one, you could call NCL customer service and make sure they have all your contact information correctly, but again if you are looking for some sort of compensation, I have no idea who you would go to.

Edited by NLH Arizona

1 hour ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

We were on the 21-December sailing on the Breakaway.   Three major complaints.   Any guidance on how to reach out to NCL Customer Service?

1.  We were diverted to Nassau instead of their private island.  My complaint is with the communication of this change.   NCL Guest Services on board said it was communicated to us on Friday.  I never saw an email or received a phone call.  

What would you do?

george

Erm, were you expecting an email or a phone call while on the ship?

If it was weather related they would have said so while on the ship. Didn't you hear it announced while of the ship on Friday?

1 hour ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

2.  Shore Excursion on Cozumel.  We booked the Chichen (sp.)  Airplane Tour.  We were told on shore in Cozumel that the 8 seater plane had a mechanical issue so they switched to a 5 seater.  They did the switch the night before and NCL Breakaway Shore Excursion Team was aware of this switch the night before.  When ended volunteering to cancel, but it was too late to book another shore excursion.  

3.  Our excursion in Jamaica was supposed to return to the ship at 2:30 pm so we planned to spend the afternoon doing stuff on the ship.   It returned at 5:30 pm.  The reason for delay was we left late from the excursion because the tour guide made the decision to leave late.  

What would you do?

george

Nothing. 

For #1, you signed a contract that allows the cruise line to change itineraries at will. Further, if GSC was inaccessible, there is not much you can do about it. They are not going to risk the lives of crew and passengers in bad weather conditions. NCL owes you nothing and you will get nothing. 

Not 100% sure what #2 is. Are going saying that you were denied boarding and they cancelled your tour?  If so, your money was refunded. And if you wanted to get anything for your inconvenience, that is something that should have been addressed to the General Manager whilst you were on board. Not sure how a cancellation took the whole day to sort out where you could rebook something. You can make a pitch, but you are likely going to get nothing. 

#3 you already accepted compensation, so you won’t get anything more. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 12/30/2019 at 4:59 PM, Tigerman4LSU said:

What would you do?

george

What would I do? Nothing after you leave the ship.

What do you want NCL to do?

On 12/30/2019 at 4:59 PM, Tigerman4LSU said:

What would you do?

george

As others said these are all things to be addressed on ship. 

1. I'm assuming Friday was before your boarded? That sucks, but it's worth $0 compensation. 

2. Also sucks but it sounds like they refunded you and gave you $100 obc for volunteering to cancel - pretty good compensation.

3. Stuff happens. Once you're off ship it's a good day when you get back onto the ship. You returned 3 hours late but got the full excursion - would you have rather returned 3 hours early and miss a huge chunk of the excursion. If you missed anything on ship that had a cost then you should have gotten a refund for it. Otherwise a refund of 50% for an excursion that got you back late but still on the ship was generous compensation. 

On 12/30/2019 at 5:17 PM, Tigerman4LSU said:

I did.  Got the shore excursion in Jamaica 50% off and $100 on board credit for the Cozumel fiasco.  

How much more do you want? I think the cruise line has been more than fair already.