Serenity B2 stateroom question

In looking at the B2 category staterooms on deck 8 on Serenity, it appears that some of the aft rooms have larger balconies than the midship rooms. Does anyone know if that is the case, and if so, is there any advantage to being in one of the rooms with the smaller balcony?

17 minutes ago, J80crew said:

In looking at the B2 category staterooms on deck 8 on Serenity, it appears that some of the aft rooms have larger balconies than the midship rooms. Does anyone know if that is the case, and if so, is there any advantage to being in one of the rooms with the smaller balcony?

The extended balconies have a solid rail while the smaller balconies have open rails. We have sailed in a B2 room on many cruises. It's a bit more difficult to see over the solid rail when seated than through the open rails, but we find the value of the B2 rooms, albeit with the closed rail, to outweigh the additional costs of a B1 room, with a narrower balcony with open rails.

Rob

The space difference is very margina,l from memory maybe a foot or so. We've been in these cabins a few times and it was fine but if I had the choice and didn't  mind spending the extra money I would give up the extra space for the non-solid railings.

Thank you both for your quick responses. I think we’ll go with the B2 midship and give up the extra foot of balcony, especially since we’ll be in the Atlantic and I am prone to seasickness. 

Here are a couple of pictures of ALL the Deck 8 balconies. I took both pictures this past April 2019 during turn-around day in Monte Carlo. All the connecting balcony doors were open for ease of cleaning during the turn-around. The first picture is looking forward and shows the open-rail balconies. (The railing in the middle of the picture is actually the edge of the Deck 8 balconies. The lower railing on the right is actually the railing on Deck 7 below.) The second picture looks aft and you can see where the balconies "bump-out" (there is a crew member standing on a balcony for reference) with the more solid wall railings.

Rob

013a Deck 8 balconies.JPG

013b Deck 8 balconies.JPG

Edited by ryndam