Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
joseph123

Infinity Internet Streaming?

I will be traveling on the Infinity in a few weeks and am wondering if I will be able to stream Netflix movies/shows from my iPad with the unlimited wifi package, or if the Internet will be too slow. I don’t plan to watch much, but want to know if it is an option to stream vs having to download before I leave. 

You should be able to watch Netflix but will be dependent on location and how many others are using the internet.    I usually download a couple movies we want to watch just in case.

You will have to have some knowledge of how to log onto the internet from your device.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

another issue you may run into....not necessarily streaming wise...is what region Netflix is detecting you. If there are specific movies you are wanting to watch and Netflix is not detecting a US ISP, certain movies may be blocked. Not all regions have the same availability. If there is something specific you are wanting to watch, the safest bet is to download it.

13 minutes ago, txflood33 said:

another issue you may run into....not necessarily streaming wise...is what region Netflix is detecting you. If there are specific movies you are wanting to watch and Netflix is not detecting a US ISP, certain movies may be blocked. Not all regions have the same availability. If there is something specific you are wanting to watch, the safest bet is to download it.

Really good point.   I was on a Med Cruise followed by a TA in October.    The location of the internet was Miami for the entire cruise.   This also means you have to adjust your computer clock manually.