Early tender for Patrick Watts tour in Falklands

lorri111

Hi, we are booked with Patrick Watts for his volunteer point falklands tour in a few weeks on Coral Princess and have been advised to try to get an early tender. How does this work? Are tickets sold in advance or do you just queue up at time? We are platinum, unfortunately not elite. I am worried about not getting off quickly enough for our tour! Does anyone know how long they will wait for stragglers? Any hints gratefully received!

Sorry,   but it's up to YOU.   I suggest you be up early and in line at least 30  minutes prior to the posted time.   Verify ahead of time if you need tender tickets tickets?   I'm Elite and don't.    A LOT of people want off the ship first in this port and it's naive to think your entitled to it.     You do realize,  that your "wait" thinking is also skewed,    any wait time,  is cutting into your viewing time.   Are yo a party of 4?    Which is how seats are assigned.     Don't expect anyone waiting for you  especially if you aren't a group of 4.    

Bottom line-   get in line early.   

On my Emerald Princess cruise in 2018 we were due to moor at 8.00am. I got in the queue for tender tickets at 7.15am and received ticket number 76. The ladies I shared a car with to Volunteer Point queued at 6.30am and received tickets 9 and 10. We were all on the first tender.

Unfortunately many of the passengers want to be on the first tender for their Volunteer Point tours so you will need to queue early. I don't know how long the tour operators will wait for passengers.

Good Luck and I hope you have a wonderful tour to Volunteer Point. It is my favourite tour I have ever done!

IMG20180306110800.thumb.jpg.fdc893cdc47da9597904d60ccec469d8.jpg

• Like 1

We went this past February on Emerald Princess and were in line an hour early. Got on the first tender no problem, and also got in the 1st vehicle out to Volunteer Point. I recommend an hour early or more for the tender line in this port. I heard our guide mention that some late arrivals were left behind at the dock so do not chance it. Get in line early. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, kinipela35 said:

We went this past February on Emerald Princess and were in line an hour early. Got on the first tender no problem, and also got in the 1st vehicle out to Volunteer Point. I recommend an hour early or more for the tender line in this port. I heard our guide mention that some late arrivals were left behind at the dock so do not chance it. Get in line early. 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, kinipela35 said:

Yes, and we were left behind by Patrick Watts because we did not take the first tender.  To his credit, however, he apologized and immediately found another tour guide to take us.  When he says:  First tender - believe it!  We were on a HAL ship, and they control by color code when you can board the tender.  We had priority tendering and no excuse for not being first out.  

• 2 weeks later...

If I may ask this question here, I hope someone knows the answer.  Do you pay in advance for the tour or when you get there?  If the ship doesn't make it into port, that must be a tremendous loss for him.  But refunds for everyone would be a nightmare for him.

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

If I may ask this question here, I hope someone knows the answer.  Do you pay in advance for the tour or when you get there?  If the ship doesn't make it into port, that must be a tremendous loss for him.  But refunds for everyone would be a nightmare for him.

When we did this excursion with Patrick in December 2016 we paid half way through the tour while eating the provided box lunch at Volunteer Point IIRC.

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We were not asked for any payment upfront for his tour.  So there is no problem if the ship doesn't get into the port.

Thank you for your answers.  That makes sense.  I emailed Patrick and asked about the tour, he replied and we have signed on for a tour in Feb. 2021.  We have been to the Falklands three times so far, made it into port each time, and hope next year is no exception.