Carnival and Amber Cove

Beaver1975

Hello Beaver

Amber Cove is owned by Carnival/ P&O Corp so generally it is only their brands that make calls. On occasion smaller, more boutique lines make calls though. 

Ship cards are not used for purchases as the restaurants, bars, and shops are by and large rented to local businesses. As you probably can guess from the last sentence, drink packages are not applicable on land at this port. 

Have fun!

It is mostly carnival ships that go to amber cove.  Having said that, I just visited on a princess ship a couple weeks ago.  Obviously Carnival Corp. owns princess so it's not earth shattering news, but being the cruise nerd I am, I know that it is not all that common for even Princess itineraries to include Amber Cove.  Had a great time though.  Beautiful spot to sail in and out of. 

It was obviously a bit commercial in the immediate port area, but it's not as ship-centric as the various private islands across the cruise lines like princess cays, half moon cay, coco cay, etc., where your ship account is accessible and by extension your drink package is usable.  It's not an unreasonable question...certainly seems like they could do that if they wanted to given how obvious it is that the cruise line owns the port, but as it stands, no....it stops short of the private islands in that regard.